Alleged forum censorship

OldJim

I love this forum.

If you write something just a little critical one of 3 thins will happen to you.

1. You get Flamed

2. Your posts gets Deleted

3. Your post gets ignored.

Must be the English langue - because when I communicate with ED in German its a total different ball game.

Well I blame it on the Langue and im Happy that I can communicate with ED in my Native langue and that he at least knows that way, how much i respect his work and him as a person.

My disagreements and unhappiness whit this situation, that really sucks for everybody - has noting to do with ED as a person and with his great work.

I just wish the some respect would come back to the people that preorderd and made this project possible.

At the moment I get the feeling that people that are still waiting on there preorder are looked at as a burden instead of the people that helped making this project possible in the first place.

But no need to repeat my self everything is already written here here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/13042-evildragons-pre-order-survey-thread/page-5#entry247573 along with this great post: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/13042-evildragons-pre-order-survey-thread/page-4#entry246750

It would be nice to be able to talk about these things with out raising hard feelings.

If that's not possible - well I will leave this forum once more and communicate with ED directly by E-Mail where I can use my native langue and be sure that he and I understand each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have your posts been deleted? That surprises me. Where?

Not mine but following this forum I did see it happen to others. Most with the reasoning that its of no help to post critical comments and they just mislead the forum of topic.

But he once again can't we just look at the problem and unhappiness of pre orders and how we can give them something to show them that the are appreciated? Because that's my main point here...and not the way this forum i run.

If you write something just a little critical one of 3 thins will happen to you.
No, that doesn't happen.What's happened is people write excessively negative comments for the sole purpose of being insulting with absolutely no on topic discussion, kind of like what you just did, and those messages are either hidden because they have no value at all or are split off into another thread because, while they may be mean and off topic, they still have value. This is the news section, they want to keep it to news. If you look everywhere else in the forum there are tonnes of threads that are full of complaints that aren't touched by mods, some extremely critical of the project. I'm sorry that you find it wrong that they want one forum to be dedicated to news with no off-topic discussion.

On that note, mods, please split this discussion, AGAIN, so that the news can be kept clean and on topic. Thank you.

WizardStan, on 19 May 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

mods, please split this discussion

You wish

* is my command, oh mighty wizard!
*Only relevant within valid remit of forum moderator behaviour and responsibility. All posts are solely indicative of the specific poster's opinions or hallucinations during the specifically relevant timeframe. Openpandora or any body associated with it (including but not limited to the moderation team) accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the factual accuracy of this disclaimer. Terms and conditions apply.

One of the problems is that you are determining what is happening and you are wrong.

This is a Private Forum. As such there are Rules that have to be followed.

One Rule states that when posting in a thread it should be On Topic. So if it is Off Topic, those posts can/will be either hidden or split off. Just like your post above was.

Also the Rules state no Flaming or Trolling.  That happens a lot with certain people here. If it is deemed to be Flaming or Trolling it will be hidden.

See this is a Productive Forum for the discussion and continued support of the Open Pandora Projects. As such it needs to be kept Positive and headed in a direction moving forward. Off topic posts, trolling, flaming do not contribute to that and as such will be handled appropriately.

If you want freedom of speech, feel free to start a forum or blog and post all you want there :)

One of the problems is that you are determining what is happening and you are wrong.

This is a Private Forum. As such there are Rules that have to be followed.

One Rule states that when posting in a thread it should be On Topic. So if it is Off Topic, those posts can/will be either hidden or split off. Just like your post above was.

Also the Rules state no Flaming or Trolling.  That happens a lot with certain people here. If it is deemed to be Flaming or Trolling it will be hidden.

See this is a Productive Forum for the discussion and continued support of the Open Pandora Projects. As such it needs to be kept Positive and headed in a direction moving forward. Off topic posts, trolling, flaming do not contribute to that and as such will be handled appropriately.

If you want freedom of speech, feel free to start a forum or blog and post all you want there :)
Ok I geht the point and i respekt your POV.

But then please treat everybody equal and also move insults against me - like this one for example: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/13042-evildragons-pre-order-survey-thread/?p=246647

And to be fair here, in my posts there are critisisem but also produktive ideas how to push things in to a good direktion. if i read the forum rules right - i have to blame the answers to my posts more then the posts i made...

That's not off-topic criticism though, it was criticism of you based on what you'd posted in that thread.  Granted, it was a little personal, and quite harsh, but the very next post defended you.

Back