Alternate Shells

c0ncept

H.R. Gigers wet dream
Website
Visit site
k, I currently run Litestep and I seriously love it (especially with the Eyedrop skin). But what alternate shells do you guys run (I'm especially interested in hearing about any that use less system resources than litestep)?

over the years, I've tried several shells for windows, starting with IceSphere (screenshot)
which I used for some months, but then I discovered that it's pretty basic and low-end for an alternative shell,
and swapped to Geoshell (screenshot) which has nifty geoBars (= Toolbars for every part of the Desktop-UI, and other Applets to put into the geoBars).
My search for a satisfying shell has ended for the moment with Aston Shell (screenshot), which is shareware,
but I love it for its shortcut toolbars which scroll in from the borders of the screen (Example)

markusdragon posted on May 26 2005 at 04:02 PM said:
Used to use litestep. Got bored/fed up of it messing up every couple of hours so switched back to explorer.

perseverence is the key, the stable builds of litestep are just that. So if something was going wrong it was probably the theme you were using.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use litestep

use to use the Non | step theme but I got bored of that after like 3 moinths so I switched to a nice simple one called complex simplicity

i'm currently running BB4WIN with the standard skin, a nice dark wallpaper and miranda, which, configured well, fits perfectly (borderless friendlist, transparency inactive 15%, active 30% (well, approximately) and ghostify plugin (you can click through the window :D ))

Back