Amiga Emu: What Are You Enjoying

pubzombie

Hi guys,
I am currently using UAE4ALL 0.8.0 Beta and enjoying Projectx. Just wondering what evrybody else is using and if they can recomend and games that work well on the GP2X.
cheers
Pz

cant beat brutal footbal and also chaos engine 1&2. I cant play amiga games on my gp2x it crashes every time i try to boot it but i have played on my first gp2x and they played well :D

Mutilator said:
cant beat brutal footbal and also chaos engine 1&2. I cant play amiga games on my gp2x it crashes every time i try to boot it but i have played on my first gp2x and they played well :D
jeeze how come it crashes?

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a f200 and it worked fine....no problems at all but that gp2x blew and when gamepark sent a new one it never played the amiga emulator same sd card and settings might be a diferent firmware in the newer one that it dont like.

Ive tried a couple of versions of uae4all and no luck just crashs when i try and launch a game :(.....i mainly got the gp2x for playing my old amiga games kinda sucks..

Mutilator said:
i had a f200 and it worked fine....no problems at all but that gp2x blew and when gamepark sent a new one it never played the amiga emulator same sd card and settings might be a diferent firmware in the newer one that it dont like.

Ive tried a couple of versions of uae4all and no luck just crashs when i try and launch a game :(.....i mainly got the gp2x for playing my old amiga games kinda sucks..
yeh man that really sucks. i love my amiga games. what firm ware you running? i have f200 running fw 4.0 , aue beta runs with out crashing, but i do have trouble with the others

i tried the beta got the same problem... lowered the clock raised it etc. no luck...... on my first one ps1 games used to freeze but now its reversed ps1 games work but are too slow to play and i cant play amiga lol..... it says 4.0 but on the back it says f200 ( b ) no idea if that makes a diference

think you need to make a post see if anybody can help you out. you could try wiping your sd card and trying again with a clean instal if it is the same instal as you were using with the last console.

nuclear war
night hunter
disc
pp hammer & his pneumatic weapon
benefactor
hillsfar
lost dutchman mines

hoping the pandora comes out as that would sort all of it.... ive already tried a new sd card re downloaded everything and used a game that works

i would have put a msg up but got plenty of other stuf to do while i wait

Mutilator said:
hoping the pandora comes out as that would sort all of it.... ive already tried a new sd card re downloaded everything and used a game that works

i would have put a msg up but got plenty of other stuf to do while i wait
I hear you there buddy,
I so so so want to run emulators with a keyboard. I love my GP2x but they all seem to have a life - and death - of their own. Whatever I do I cant get PSX emulation to work, but I seem to be able to run other emulations at a much higher over-clock than other people. plus when i opened mine up there was what appeared to be loads of dried up tobacco inside it lol.

lol my first gp2x always froze when i tried the psx emulator the newer one wont goto as high clock as my first one but it will work. they are funny little machines always have emulators and other apps randomly crash for no reason had that on both :)

unless i use totally fresh charged cells mine wont play video now, and it will not even detect music no matter what format its in. suppose i better try a different sd card or reformat this one. the joys of GP2X :)

Wizkid, Super Cars 2, Yo joe!.... christ... we are going to love Amiga on the Pandora.

the main reason im buying a pandora is because amiga will kick ass on it.

Mutilator said:
Wizkid, Super Cars 2, Yo joe!.... christ... we are going to love Amiga on the Pandora.
the main reason im buying a pandora is because amiga will kick ass on it.

Yeah me too, this is THE main reason why I'm getting a Pandora, not only full speed emulation but the keyboard and analogue/touch screen for mouse will mean near on perfect emulation in a handheld device!

Cant wait to play Hunter / Super Cars 2 / Lionheart / Vroom etc etc just need someone to work out how to make a null modem game work over wi-fi! 2 player Stunt car racer baby!

I WANT ONE NOW. NOW GOD DAMN IT MY GP2X IS DYEING I KNOW IT IS; SLOWLY; PAINFULLY; SOON THE KING WILL BE DEAD; LONG LIVE THE KING.

yep Amiga emu is the reason i am getting the gp2x

I tried the newest Uae4all yesterday..

I played Buggy Boy, IK+ and Silkworm, all worked really smoothly.

I also tried X-Out, Flood and New Zealand Story, none of which started unfortunately (I guess I have to try different versions of them as some people seem to have gotten them to work).

Also Lotus Turbo Challenge and 4d sports boxing were too slow to be enjoyable to play.

I am sure that GP2X has the horsepower to run many more Amiga games at acceptable speed (4d sports boxing for example seemed to work pretty smooth for like half a second in between of being very slow). As good as the emulator is now, it would be huge if some skilled coder optimized it even further on GP2X! :)

It should have been Commodore who made the Pandora... in 1999. That's what I feel we would have seen if they had not gone off the rails so badly.

Imagine the publicity if the Pandora had been Amiga branded, there is so much nostalgia for the Amiga right now, as much as there was for the Spectrum/C64 10 years ago, of course because the Amiga generation are now at 'that' age.

I hope we can release an SD image which turns the Pandora into an Amiga500/1200 and 'just works'. Boots to your game list and away you go. Wow... I'd be in video game heaven. That's the kind of thing which would keep me in the house (possibly lying in bed!) all weekend.

Christ almighty, what WOULD people think if they knew this!

When the pandora project starts turning over millions, you could think about a buyout, you could have 3rd/4th iteration of pandora amiga branded, then your vision would be complete!

I'm playing Deluxe Galaga - addiction

Back