Amstrad Capricegp2x-wip5.zip

mantona

Still Fresh
AMSTRAD CapriceGP2x-WIP5.zip emulator

I've got files in .DSK format and files in .CDT format, but I cannot get the emulator to work, Can someone please help?

Thank you

Thank you, unfortunately I still cannot get anything to work. The emulator loads but that's about it. Can someone go through it step by step please?

mantona said:
Thank you, unfortunately I still cannot get anything to work. The emulator loads but that's about it. Can someone go through it step by step please?
Forget about CDT files, they don't load. Data is nos readed correctly... But DSK files read OK, even the complicated HEXAGON and SPEEDLOCK protected ones. Have you got any background in CPCs or are really new to this system?

When a DSK is loaded, you have to access them like under MSDOS... you can type CAT as an equivalent to MSDOS DIR command, or just use the option for autotype CAT at the DSK loader menu.

Then you have to identify the executable, normaly a BAS file or BIN. for example, if you want to load Batman, you type CAT and find BATMAN.BAS and BATMAN.BIN. First try with BAS files and type the command RUN"BATMAN (No need to type the extension for BAS and BIN files)

That should work :)

And also, as eruo48K told you. better try the WIP 6 with keyboard!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
how can I get the " symbol on the CPC Keyboard? Shift does not seem to work?

Yes, I used to own a CPC, a long while ago now though :)

mantona said:
Sorry, Just found out how to do it.
Yeah, the way to press SHIFT and CONTROL looks a little confusing in the virtual keyboard till you get used. But when you master it, you can just type the name of the executable, then go to the left cursor and press it with "Y" button (with CONTROL). The CPC cursor will move to the start of the line, just over the first letter you have typed. Now move over the INTRO key (just one position to the left in th virtual keyboard), and press again "Y" button, RUN" will appeat before the executable name and "run" it :)

Also you can move the "copy cursor" using the cursor keys with "B" button (SHIFT) and then move over the COPY key and press it with "A" (Normal key press)

Other hint is to go to the lower row of keys (CONTROL, COPY, SPACE, INTRO and LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT cursors) to go faster from one side to the other of the virtual keyboard :D

Let's use the other threath for other comments of the emu, because this one tittle refers to an old version :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help on this, I really appreciate it. It's quite difficult getting used to the setting up of these emulators, but good to play the old games again instead of them just sitting in a cupboard.

Back