... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

I'm baffled that people keep asking over and over why new preorders have to be served in order to ship old preorders.

I understood the explanation the first time I saw it.

I still ordered one despite knowing part of the price is used to cover the loss for honoring old preorders.

Or it could be that knowing I'd be helping long time waiters made me feel better about ordering...

Whos old preorder am I paying for anyway? I'll never know.

Mmm.. It's probably because people are frustrated they don't have their units after many years. I personnaly don't ask because i'm keeping faith in the team, but i can surely understand the frustration.

Anyway rest assured you didn't pay for me, as i chose to upgrade after more than 3 years of waiting and paid the price difference... and i don't have it yet, after one and a half month.

I will return your question : how many old preorders did pay more than 3 years ago so you can order one now ? I'll never know.

Excuse my weak english, i'm french.

Anyway, i'm still hoping to play soon my old neo-geo 2d fighting games on my pandora ;)

Big Kisses

Mac

Hello there,

I just registered on the forums because it looks like there is no way to have even a clue of wether the classic preorders are gonna be shipped. I preordered mine on March, 2009 and I can't even get an estimation from Jacqueline (ordered from Craig).

I just wanted to be sure I didn't missed anything on this, right now all I can do is sit and wait, correct ?

Sorry if the tone of this message is a bit off, no rudeness intended (french guy here).

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
I will return your question : how many old preorders did pay more than 3 years ago so you can order one now ? I'll never know.
Good point! Thank you.

But most of all thanks to the crazy insane guys who thought it was worth the risk of turning this community mashup of a complex idea into a real product.

Also thanks to the investors who seem to believe they might actually get their money back from this, I hope they do and that they make a good profit.

Hello there,

I just registered on the forums because it looks like there is no way to have even a clue of wether the classic preorders are gonna be shipped. I preordered mine on March, 2009 and I can't even get an estimation from Jacqueline (ordered from Craig).

I just wanted to be sure I didn't missed anything on this, right now all I can do is sit and wait, correct ?

Sorry if the tone of this message is a bit off, no rudeness intended (french guy here).

Thanks !

Hi and welcome to the forums! Yeah, you just need to wait. Craigix and ED are both still shipping old 'classic' pre-orders from the first few days of pre-ordering in late Sept/early Oct 2008. Your turn will probably come in another couple months. If you want your unit sooner, you can pay extra to jump to the 'premium' queue or you can pay even more to get on the 1GHz chip bandwagon.

Hello there,

Thanks !

Hi and welcome to the forums! Yeah, you just need to wait. Craigix and ED are both still shipping old 'classic' pre-orders from the first few days of pre-ordering in late Sept/early Oct 2008. Your turn will probably come in another couple months. If you want your unit sooner, you can pay extra to jump to the 'premium' queue or you can pay even more to get on the 1GHz chip bandwagon.

Two months, my favorite! :D

(I'm a fellow March 2009 Craig orderer)

As far as the 1ghz model goes, if i were to order one of those right now, would i be getting the same thing as what you'd be shipping out later during the official release?

As far as the 1ghz model goes, if i were to order one of those right now, would i be getting the same thing as what you'd be shipping out later during the official release?

Eventually, all of the newly produced units will be 1GHz models when they run out of the older chips. That could be a few months away, though, and depends on how fast sales go. However, they will probably sell refurbished units with the older chips in the future.

So you're telling me that if I don't upgrade my 2009 preorder (and keep waiting a few months/years more), there's a chance I'll get the upgraded pandora?

Unless you upgrade your order, you'll get a regular rebirth edition unit with the current CPU and 512MB RAM. Craigix has confirmed they have enough OMAP 3530's to cover the remaining original pre-orders.

- Neelix

Unless you upgrade your order, you'll get a regular rebirth edition unit with the current CPU and 512MB RAM. Craigix has confirmed they have enough OMAP 3530's to cover the remaining original pre-orders.

- Neelix

is getting the 1GHz going to get a pandora faster? ...and can you get it with a black case =/

- Neelix

is getting the 1GHz going to get a pandora faster? ...and can you get it with a black case =/
It's a silver case only for the 1ghz models.but it is stronger and less prone to cracking unlike the black case.the 1ghz pandys will be available in july/august I believe.so it depends on your current queue position as to when you will recieve the non 1ghz pandy.You can upgrade your old preorder to a 1ghz pandora though.

- Neelix

Are you a classic pre-orderer?

If yes and you didn't pre-order near the beginning in 2008, then this small 1GHz run will probably be done before you would receive your pre-order.

If no, then you can buy a 600MHz pandora right now from stock from ED or Link (if you're in the US).

You can probably request a black case if you really want one.

You can probably request a black case if you really want one.

They at least seems to have some pre-scratched ones in stock... which is great, it'll look exactly the same as an unscratched one after a month but without the bad feeling about having scratched your pandora...

2009 order, which i why i asked. but if the 1ghz may not be ready for 1-2months...i'll wait

2009 order, which i why i asked. but if the 1ghz may not be ready for 1-2months...i'll wait

they will be ready in two months

1ghz or original?

all of them (through the pandora 2 may have an additional 2 month to it)

1ghz model is supposed to come in July, theres a 150 units order stop, so it should not take them a whole month to assemble them.

Thats is, if nothing goes wrong, but considering the steady flow of 600mhz models, i suppose there isnt much that could go wrong.

And there wont be a pandora 2 anytime soon, the OMAP 5 isnt ready for manufacturing until half 2013.

they will be ready in two months

1ghz or original?

1ghz: The boards can't be populated until new PCBs arrive in 4~6 weeks. Then there's assembly, testing, ...

original: You'll have to wait until enough new units are sold to reach your queue position. I have no idea how many are ahead of you in line and anyone who goes 'premium' will be ahead of you. If there are a flood of new sales, then it shouldn't be too long... (could be 1~2 months..)

I so want to start mass advertising >.< It would be awesome to see an ad of this on youtube.

Back