... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

Still waiting for a mail saying it's shipped. I made my final payment last week.

If I had just waited a week or so it would've been in stock. I wonder what position from the last preorder I am...

I think I may be the last of the original first batch pre-orders. My order number was given me following confirmation of my payment of $330.00 on 2009/3/31. I can hardly recall how it went because I was busy with grad school at the time. I was going to entertain myself in lectures with it; oh well. I've never figured out if I ordered from Craig or Ed. I didn't consider doing an upgrade, figured the purpose I bought it for had passed and that I would be happy enough getting it at some point. Indeed my only complaint has been having to dig through forum topics unrelated to production for status. I think it would nice to find weekly production figures posted weekly, its just more to celabrate.

I think I may be the last of the original first batch pre-orders. My order number was given me following confirmation of my payment of $330.00 on 2009/3/31. I can hardly recall how it went because I was busy with grad school at the time. I was going to entertain myself in lectures with it; oh well. I've never figured out if I ordered from Craig or Ed. I didn't consider doing an upgrade, figured the purpose I bought it for had passed and that I would be happy enough getting it at some point. Indeed my only complaint has been having to dig through forum topics unrelated to production for status. I think it would nice to find weekly production figures posted weekly, its just more to celabrate.

No you are not ^^ My "first batch" preorder have been confirmed the 23-02-2010, I don't think to upgrade too, I just look the forum by period, but not really look at my mail box hoping having received the "shipping ready" mail.

The thing that I regret the most is to lose interest, even if I am sure I will be highly happy to receive it. (This is NOT a criticism, NOR a sarcasm, but as we say in french, "some water has flowed under the bridges" (De l'eau a coule sous les ponds)).

"some water has flowed under the bridges" (De l'eau a coule sous les ponds)).
Except that it's written pont.

Well what about us second batch pre-orders? Ever thought about us? We're the big forgotten ones here. *cry*

Well what about us second batch pre-orders? Ever thought about us? We're the big forgotten ones here. *cry*
No your not don't worry about it. What's happened is the second batch has just been merged onto the end of the first batch. They're all just classed as pre-orders now from what I can tell.

No you are not ^^ My "first batch" preorder have been confirmed the 23-02-2010, I don't think to upgrade too, I just look the forum by period, but not really look at my mail box hoping having received the "shipping ready" mail.

The thing that I regret the most is to lose interest, even if I am sure I will be highly happy to receive it. (This is NOT a criticism, NOR a sarcasm, but as we say in french, "some water has flowed under the bridges" (De l'eau a coule sous les ponds)).

2010? no way...

did you get tv-out cables?

Dec 2008, Craig, still waiting ;) . Meanwhile I've converted my old HTC Desire into an Archlinux box. Fun fun fun!

sent using my brand new pandora :)

I ordered from ED on the 29th of March.

I got my Pandora today (Yay I'm so excited)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ which year is that? April 2009 here.

I'm lucky I found an affordable 1st gen pandora nearby, but I'm still aiming for the original order.

So felix, what year did you order yours, and did you upgrade? I hope I can get my Pandora up and running as quickly as you, part of one day and you're logging into forums, awesome.

"some water has flowed under the bridges" (De l'eau a coule sous les ponds)).
Except that it's written pont.
>< I was not sure to be able to come back after such an error ><

2010? no way...

did you get tv-out cables?

Hmm no, I get nothing ^^ (=> rire jaune (~forced laugh...)

Dec 2008, Craig, still waiting ;) . Meanwhile I've converted my old HTC Desire into an Archlinux box. Fun fun fun!
Dec 2008 -> Feb 2010 ~ 14 month ... You still wait ... Hmm ... There some days like that where I would prefer to have the internet down ... I will hack the typewriter of my grandmother adding it a raspberry-pi and the screen of my old game.com, the custom pandora is born ^^ (I have been attacked by the scarecrow this night ^^)

^ which year is that? April 2009 here.

I'm lucky I found an affordable 1st gen pandora nearby, but I'm still aiming for the original order.

So felix, what year did you order yours, and did you upgrade? I hope I can get my Pandora up and running as quickly as you, part of one day and you're logging into forums, awesome.

I ordered this year, so I paid the full upgraded price. It was right before ED switched the orders over to the gp2x shop from the preorder page.

My pandora was actually shipped from Link's US store (thanks link) to save time I guess.

Cilph said:
Currently chroot on a minimalist ROM, but I'm working on applying device support to a stock Arch kernel.

hah...ya i got deb on mine - but the kernel is so useless i can't DO anything with it but keep it up to date. had it all set, thennnn....oh bootloader is locked...shoulda checked that first

Im an October 4th 2008 preorder and still have not received my unit. So yeah there seems to be a lot of us left.

Back