... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

If that frustrates you, can you tell us where you live or make a request, if somebody with the "knowledge" can make one for you?

Great idea for a song

"I see a silver Pandora and I want to paint it black"

@ED or Craig

Did they cases under-go a slight redesign or strictly a different color?

I knew at one point you guys were discussing a slight case revision to get rid of some of the micro cracks and bulges around the screen

I thought the case cracking issues were solved.

The silvering is probably a combination of colour and a protective more durable coating. Perhaps it is also a material change in the plastic but I doubt it.

As for other colours -- such things won't happen for some time.

I'm glad mine is matte black. It looks fantastic. If it looks beaten up later, then it will both be my great source of pride and an anti-theft mechanism. "Ratty old pocket calculator" heh.

@ED or Craig

Did they cases under-go a slight redesign or strictly a different color?

I knew at one point you guys were discussing a slight case revision to get rid of some of the micro cracks and bulges around the screen

Apparently they might be better, but we won't know until they arrive.

Yes, they have some tweaks added to prevent cracks.

I've got a prototype sample case in use for three months without any sign of a crack so far.

Oh I thought that the new cases were going to be made in Europe, was that the situation at one point? If they are being made by the same company then I probably won't bother trying to change mine.

Oh I thought that the new cases were going to be made in Europe, was that the situation at one point? If they are being made by the same company then I probably won't bother trying to change mine.

That would cost another 300K + need about 6 - 7 months... not worth it, sadly.

That's very understandable, I was just convinced that was the plan for some reason, probably based off of a passing comment that you may have made ages ago

Do these new cases still have the slight bowing on the lid when the unit is closed?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, because the reason for that is that the hinge is only on one side, so the lid isn't pushed down evenly.

When you have time for yourself ED, settle down and write a book on this experience. It'd be a wonderful read.

Yeah, doing a case swap and trying to keep the LCD cable intact is not an easy task.
Just because it took me 3 tries before finally getting it right doesn't mean it isn't easy. Maybe I'm just an idiot. Didja ever think of that? Huh?

:p

^

Having the right tools definetly helps, and getting creative as Askarus was with removing the hinge using a screwdriver up against a hard flat surface like a wall. On the opposite of that is the rounded tip Knipex pliers make new hinge insertion extremely easy compared to the old screwdriver/palm force method. Helps saving the hands from screwdriver mishaps and carpal tunnel. I hate to even try and salvage an LCD cable for how delicate they are, why have to rip it open or worse send in for RMA a 2nd time?

Back