... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

I have mailed ED 2 times.

1 for faster delivery caus' i'm a first batch orderer.

And a second time to get info what and how to pay for the 1 ghz version

(JUST TO FINALY GET ONE!!!).

No replies on any of them. nothing here. so what the #$&*!@ is going on??????

Ed got a huge email backlog to catch up with, perhaps try and make a topic in the Ask Evildragon questions forum.

Not sure how the first batch orders are handled.

It may also vary from country to country (currently a student in the US) for new orders but I got mine within 4-6 weeks of ordering.

Mine arrived June 28, its been a fun week :)

Ed got a huge email backlog to catch up with, perhaps try and make a topic in the Ask Evildragon questions forum.

The first e-mail is 4 moths ago.

Do you know how frustrating it is, to see people buy one now, wait for 6 weeks, receive one and go.

I'm waiting for 3 years now. 3 years!!!!.

I e-mailed to sent money, e-mailed to buy the 1Ghz, just to have one finally delivered, i don't want to wait for YET another year.

And nothing. No reply, nu updates here. nothing

I've been more than patient. but this is f#%$ed up.

(p.s. I will post my question there. maybe that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I e-mailed to sent money, e-mailed to buy the 1Ghz, just to have one finally delivered, i don't want to wait for YET another year.

And nothing. No reply, nu updates here. nothing

Same experience here.

I had to send a PM to Craig and send multiple emails to the openpandora email address to get their attention. I did eventually get through, however, and placed an upgrade and had a confirmed queue position number.... but not without a lot of dummy-spitting on my part.

Their email backlog must be huge, and unless you stand out you may fall through the cracks.

My advice is to continue to be a squeaky wheel until you get oiled.

Although I understand your argument, Naynay, please also keep in mind that this method will even increase that huge email backlog and slow down things for others even more.

Daniel

ED has a huge mail backlog. When I mailed, very late I got the recommendation to order at the gp2x shop, which I did.

(This was also mentioned in the "how-many-1-ghz-preorders-are-left-and-who-has-one-coming"-thread and several others.)

You may have been too late to buy one from that shop... atm there are none marked as being available. Tough luck.

Da Dude: Hmm, I thought I replied to all 1GHz messages... did you put 1GHz in the subject?

Where did you send the mail to?

Don't worry, it's not too late.

Hi ED.

I am without any reply to my "please upgrade mail", too.

I sent the mail to "order@openpandora.org" with the exact subject "1GHz Upgrade", as asked for in the

"1Ghz units, how to get one." thread.

:(

Greetings

I bought 2 three years ago. One for myself and one for my spouse. I'm doubly screwed, well actually trippley screwed because she makes fun of me for believing in these guys after 3+ years! Thanks for looking out for the people that believed in you at first when not many did.

I bought 2 three years ago. One for myself and one for my spouse. I'm doubly screwed, well actually trippley screwed because she makes fun of me for believing in these guys after 3+ years! Thanks for looking out for the people that believed in you at first when not many did.
They have very much looked out for us original preorderers. They could have buckled under all the stress and financial problems and just called it a loss, but they keep on. They could have refunded all of our old orders to make room for new ones as the costs per Pandora rose, but they kept on. It may be a slow process, but they're allowing people to get their Pandoras for no extra money than was paid, years ago, even though costs are now higher to make and ship them. They had plenty of chances to lose our orders, but they'll hold on to them as long as humanly possible--and then some--just to make sure we all get what we ordered. Yes, it's taken years to get even this far, which sucks. And yes, you can get a refund whenever you like, no one's stopping you. It's always been that way. But if there's one truth, it's that OP is definitely looking out for ALL customers, preorderers and orderers alike.

Tensuke,

You do a nice job of stating positive key points. I'm an original pre-orderer and I am still looking forward to getting my OP. Coincidentally, my wife sees I'm posting on OP forums and scoffs. I don't post often but usually when I do my posts are like yours, supportive of the OP enterprise. That said, I would appreciate better communications, mainly in the form of direct emails that inform of the projects progress, a news letter of sorts. As pre-orderer I'm privy to no more information than anyone else and other people are getting their OP before me; kinda burns. I've always thought it was unsatisfactory to have to dig through forums, sometimes of obscure topic, to find out whats going on. The only emails I've gotten from OP are in response to emails I've sent, such as changing email address or shipping address. I understand the logic in selling and shipping orders ahead of mine however, a little reassurance in direct emails would be thoughtful, I'd at least be certain they have my email address and shipping address on file.

They have very much looked out for us original preorderers. They could have buckled under all the stress and financial problems and just called it a loss, but they keep on.

honestly since only ED's queue seems to clear I'm starting to wonder if craigiX didn't already buckled under the financial problems

Anyone know what's going on? I would like more detailed info on how many more batch 1 Pandoras are left and what is going on with them.

And I'm beginning to think that the main focus is on the 1GHz Pandoras, shouldn't they be making sure that the long time pre-orderers got their devices first?

Anyone know what's going on? I would like more detailed info on how many more batch 1 Pandoras are left and what is going on with them.

And I'm beginning to think that the main focus is on the 1GHz Pandoras, shouldn't they be making sure that the long time pre-orderers got their devices first?

Basically it was recently stated there is around 1000 left. They would prefer that you cancelled and got a refund because they would be sending it to you well under cost. Your money was already spent on a company that was crap at making PCBs so now profit from new orders is helping fund the original queue. They have stock but they need to sell those to make money so they can fund your original order. Also production is on hold of regular units while they make 1gHz models which hopefully will sell in greater numbers helping them make profit so they can fulfill original orders... Original orders will likely be 512mb 600mhz models but could also be just regular 256mb versions, who knows it could go either way. But you should feel lucky as you are getting something for less than it is worth.

Or something like that....

Also apparently they are already talking about and designing a pandora 2. (Funny I missed that, but reliable sources say they are so who am I to argue)

I hope that clears it up for you.

edit: Forgot to mention you could also upgrade which involves sending them more money, which in most cases means you will get something quicker... maybe... sort of.

Basically it was recently stated there is around 1000 left. They would prefer that you cancelled and got a refund because they would be sending it to you well under cost. Your money was already spent on a company that was crap at making PCBs so now profit from new orders is helping fund the original queue. They have stock but they need to sell those to make money so they can fund your original order. Also production is on hold of regular units while they make 1gHz models which hopefully will sell in greater numbers helping them make profit so they can fulfill original orders... Original orders will likely be 512mb 600mhz models but could also be just regular 256mb versions, who knows it could go either way. But you should feel lucky as you are getting something for less than it is worth.

Or something like that....

Also apparently they are already talking about and designing a pandora 2. (Funny I missed that, but reliable sources say they are so who am I to argue)

I hope that clears it up for you.

edit: Forgot to mention you could also upgrade which involves sending them more money, which in most cases means you will get something quicker... maybe... sort of.
Thanks for the info, I may have to cancel since I'm very tired of waiting and it seems like my Android phone can almost do everything that I wanted the Pandora for.

Back