Android gingerbread in a pnd?

The Q88 uses an AllWinner A13 and it's a tad more powerful than the Ti OMAP 3530 (CC, rebirth) or Ti DM3730 (1Ghz ). Not saying it can't run it, but It's not going to be that great of an experience.

Where does the beaglebone rank? It has a Jellybean image available I think.

I've gathered it's using a similarly specked SoC as the Pandora ( AM3358 ) the difference between the Black version is a higher default clock speed 1Ghz vs 720Mhz and 512MB of RAM vs 256MB in the non-black version.  Have you seen this beaglebone version used? It's curious that none of the videos I've seen on youtube show any applications being ran, just it booting up and some simple navigation of the menus. 

I've gathered it's using a similarly specked SoC as the Pandora ( AM3358 ) the difference between the Black version is a higher default clock speed 1Ghz vs 720Mhz and 512MB of RAM vs 256MB in the non-black version. Have you seen this beaglebone version used? It's curious that none of the videos I've seen on youtube show any applications being ran, just it booting up and some simple navigation of the menus.
No idea how it runs. Only saw reference to the image on the omap wiki.

Still works for me too but it does seem to give an error when trying to install stuff from the play store. It says unable to write to internal memory or SD when I try to install tapatalk for instance. I know I had it running before....

Edit: Need to mention that examining the storage shows more than enough free space on both internal and SD storage

Last edited by a moderator:
Still works for me too but it does seem to give an error when trying to install stuff from the play store. It says unable to write to internal memory or SD when I try to install tapatalk for instance. I know I had it running before....

Edit: Need to mention that examining the storage shows more than enough free space on both internal and SD storage
Have you tried unmounting the SD before installing?

Have you tried unmounting the SD before installing?
Yes, no difference. Weird problem. I might have to set Android up all over again as this install was done on my previous pandora.

With SuperZaxxon 1.71 it wont start anymore.  :unsure:
On my 1Ghz unit and running SZ 1.71 installed via the OS upgrade tool it seems to still work for me.
With 1.62 it works fine, after using the upgrade tool it didnt start anymore. Got a 1Ghz unit too. Reboot several times, but no luck.

Any idea to fix this?
Try to reload the pnd, but still no luck.

Is there a logfile I could post here for help?

Is there a logfile I could post here for help?
maybe the PND out file may be able to help.

It would be in the /tmp folder after launching the gingerbread pnd.. it will be a .out file and be named similar to the PND name.

Thanks to TrashyMG. This is the logfile.

Added Spoiler tags to log - TrashyMG

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/64GB/pandora/menu/gingerbread_r6.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/64GB/pandora/appdata/android_gingerbread
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : pandora/run_gingerbread.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/64GB/pandora/appdata/android_gingerbread=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/android_gingerbread=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_gingerbread.sh  ) ----------
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!= 0 ]'
+ gksudo -m 'Android needs root privileges to run, please enter your password' id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
+ exec sudo -n ./pandora/run_gingerbread.sh
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!= 0 ]'
+ root=/mnt/android
++ pwd
+ mpoint_main=/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread
++ uname -r
+ kernel_ver=3.2.64
+ pnd_version=4
++ cat /mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread/last_pnd_version
+ last_pnd_version=4
+ exitcode=1
+ trap onexit INT QUIT TERM EXIT
+ trap '' HUP
+ delay=0
+ test -e /dev/log_events
+ modprobe logger
+ delay=0.5
+ test -e /dev/binder
+ modprobe binder
+ delay=0.5
+ test -e /dev/ashmem
+ modprobe ashmem
+ delay=0.5
+ test -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller
+ modprobe lowmemorykiller
+ sleep 0.5
+ test '!' -e /dev/log_events -o '!' -e /dev/binder -o '!' -e /dev/ashmem
+ test x4 '!=' x4
+ test -e rootfs.ext2
+ test -e data.ext4
+ fsck.ext4 -y data.ext4
e2fsck 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)
data.ext4: clean, 11/128000 files, 8794/512000 blocks
+ fsck.ext2 -y rootfs.ext2
e2fsck 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)
rootfs.ext2: clean, 26/512 files, 484/16384 blocks
+ mkdir -p /mnt/android
+ mount -o loop,rw,noatime rootfs.ext2 /mnt/android
./pandora/run_gingerbread.sh: line 176:  1853 Segmentation fault      mount -o loop,rw,noatime rootfs.ext2 $root
+ onexit
+ set +e +x
umount: /mnt/android: not mounted
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_gingerbread.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
umount: /mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread: not found
umount: /mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread: not found

Looks like it's getting a segfault error when attempting to mount the android image file.. Not entirely sure what that means for a fix at the moment.. that rootfs.ext2 file should reside somewhere in the appdata directory maybe it got corrupted?

After weeks of trying and kicking my pandora around ... it works again. All I need to do is a system-os upgrade.  :blink:  Android boot up again, but it disable wifi-connection while booting. All I see while booting is something about  "not on whitelist" or something... Its to fast to read before the bootscreen appears.

So I got no playstore and no wifi.

Any solution??

Yes,please deactivate Wifi before starting Android

and in Android i tried it 1-2 Times to activate Wlan and it worked fine then ;)

Edit: Please try the OS Upgrade again before starting,maybe some Things have changed,work realy fine here.

Edit: Please try the OS Upgrade again before starting,maybe some Things have changed,work realy fine here.
Thanks for the tip. Wifi works!!

But how could I get the google-apps working? I copy the system-dir from the gapps-archive to /appdata/android_gingerbread/ , but android starts without installing these apps.

Thanks for the tip. Wifi works!!

But how could I get the google-apps working? I copy the system-dir from the gapps-archive to /appdata/android_gingerbread/ , but android starts without installing these apps.
Had near Problem because i used the wrong kompressing/decompressing Software.

Example:

When you use Squeeze on the Pandora then will Squeeze ever add a Folder too much on the Pandora with the Name of the extracted Archive.

( gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip Files are after extracting often in a Folder named gapps-gb-20110828-signed and that should not be here) ^_^

Just copy then the Files/Directorys from inside this Folder to your Appdata.

The Howto from the first Post here is working fine for me here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/8871-how-to-install-android-on-your-pandora//URL]

Back