Another Box Opened

eridium

I received my shipping confirmation last Thursday to be shipped on Friday.

I never got around to upping my shipping to UPS so I still had the standard delivery of up to 2 weeks ( I waited this long, I can wait a couple more weeks). I was half hoping it would arrive yesterday, but alas, no dice. So here I am lounging around on a Saturday morning and what happens? A knock at the door from the postman! My Pandora has arrived!

pandserial.png

As you can see, the stickers are being put on in random order as I got 905 even though I was in the first 300 batch. I like the nice touch of First Batch on the sticker along with a nice message and names of the OP Team. Thanks guys!
Very first impression out of the box was WOW! That's heavier than I was imagining. It feels very solid!
Now to charge it up and start having fun!

:D

Update: Added more pics.

Ok, so in between charging and working on my SD card I took a few more fingerprint laden pics to share. ;)

pandoratop.png

Front
pandorafront.png

Back
pandoraback.png

Keyboard
pandorakey.png

You may notice there was a micrometer of a bow in the center screen. The same as others have indicated. A little pressure and it went back into place. Now that I have it in my hands and have done a close examination, I think the bow may be resulting from the faceplate/hinge area being a fraction too tight which is causing just enough pressure to bow it out a little. When I get some time I might look into seeing if a little adjustment can be made to alleviate that pressure.

Stylus

pandorastylus.png

pandoratip.png

I felt that the tip of my stylus was just a little rough from the molding process. I compared it to one of my DS stylus' and verified the DS was smoother. No big deal really, but since the screen is textured it makes for a different touchscreen experience. A screen protector will help alleviate this, but I decided to go one step further. ;)
I took some 6000, 8000 and 12000 grain sandpaper to it and made it nice and smooth.
Now (as the pics show) it's as smooth as a babies bottom and glides a bit nicer on the screen.

Back to the fun!

I think I've reached my unboxing photo/video threshhold. I'm going to have to start taking breaks from the site. I'm in the later 3000's and my estimated date of receipt, in my own mind, is late August. I just don't want to think about this thing until I have my own and can mess around with it.

Sigh.

Arkay Firestar said:
I think I've reached my unboxing photo/video threshhold. I'm going to have to start taking breaks from the site. I'm in the later 3000's and my estimated date of receipt, in my own mind, is late August. I just don't want to think about this thing until I have my own and can mess around with it.

Sigh.
Me too...

I'm going mad :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil Star said:
Arkay Firestar said:

Sigh.
Me too...

I'm going mad :wacko:

Once you get your Pandora you won't care. You won't need to read another thread like this ever again.

See you over on this side. There's less angst over here!

mvickers03 said:
Those shoulder buttons look perfect, how are they performing mate?

The left button was a bit stiff at first, but a half a dozen clicks later and it freed up and was just as responsive as the right. The rest of my buttons have so far, given me very good feel and response. The nubs work and feel great as well. I have not yet done any calibrations to the nubs or the screen and have not noticed any issues.

Cool my man, That's great news! that pretty much describes mine too, I cant find any faults which is great. Seems they are getting real tight in QC now :D

Far too much usage of the words 'tight' and 'stiff'. I'm getting a little horny now.

SomeGuy99 said:
Far too much usage of the words 'tight' and 'stiff'. I'm getting a little horny now.

Me too!!! NEED MOAR P4NDOR4 PR0N!!!!

eridium said:
I took some 6000, 8000 and 12000 grain sandpaper to it and made it nice and smooth.
You don't need such fine sand paper, others have had a great deal of success simply "writing" on a piece of paper with it for a bit to smooth of the end.

It also helps to give the screen a good clean first to get rid of that gritty texture.

WizardStan said:
You don't need such fine sand paper, others have had a great deal of success simply "writing" on a piece of paper with it for a bit to smooth of the end.

True, but I had some leftover scraps and decided to put them to good use. Also, it worked well for shaping the tip a little at the same time. I am not recommending people run out and buy super fine sandpaper, but if they already have some I can verify it works well. :)

SomeGuy99 said:
It also helps to give the screen a good clean first to get rid of that gritty texture.

I plan on doing that when I put the screen protector on. Definitely loving the resolution on this screen.

WizardStan said:
eridium said:

Top tip. Duly remembered.

eridium said:
WizardStan said:

True, but I had some leftover scraps and decided to put them to good use. Also, it worked well for shaping the tip a little at the same time. I am not recommending people run out and buy super fine sandpaper, but if they already have some I can verify it works well. :)

SomeGuy99 said:

I plan on doing that when I put the screen protector on. Definitely loving the resolution on this screen.

I prefer the screen naked, It's clearer plus there is little chance to scratch the screen with a clamshell design

Back