Fix Bowing Lcd Bezel

One thing that you can do (and you can notice that most of the laptops out there have this in the exact same spot where the pandoras' bezel bends because they tend to bend too without it), it's to use double sided tape in that area. I don't know if this has been discussed or not before since i've been kind of away lately.
Anyway, i also don't know if this would actually work with this specific lcd because the tape would be sticked on the touch film, and the bezel could peel it of or tear it apart by pulling it.. maybe Michael or any other dev can say something about it.

^ Tape on the touch layer? Not good. The bezel is fixed with adhesive tape from the start.

Yepp that's right there is double sided very very strong sticky tape inside the bezel. It's that strong I have been unable to remove a strip of it from my fleece

Hi Exo... Is there a visible gap like 3-5mm or very very slight that you have to look down the LCD to see it. mine was quite noticeable TBH

Got pictures of the fixed bezel? I just got my Pandora and it has a bow in it as well. I can see where they stuck some two-sided tape in but it is coming apart slightly.

yeah mine has the bow in the bezel too :( are you still planning on doing a video? or a photo tutorial because in your description when your describing how to do it you say mentions which sides to place the blade/flat screw driver but never which way round you were looking at the Pandora screen when you did it so I'm too scared to try until I get video tut or pictured tut or confirmation :)

I really hope the bezel gets fixed. I only break things when I take them apart :(

I want to fix mine - it's only a small amount of bowing, but it's the little things that niggle. I'm just hesitant to try whilst the orders are still backed up in case I crack my LCD or something :D

I think the reason this is happening is the paint thickness (my unpainted prototype doesn't do this). The reason is that the sides push in from the 4X paint thicknesses. It was never designed to be painted, that is something they decided to do later. If you push something like this from the sides it will bow, the material has to go somewhere. A way to fix would be to scrape the side edges of the screen paint/plastic with a hobby knife after removing the inner screen piece. This is of course very dangerous as you could break something (most likely the LCD or cable). If it is out of warantee and you don't care and/or are good with these things you could try it.

DaveC said:
I think the reason this is happening is the paint thickness (my unpainted prototype doesn't do this). The reason is that the sides push in from the 4X paint thicknesses. It was never designed to be painted, that is something they decided to do later. If you push something like this from the sides it will bow, the material has to go somewhere. A way to fix would be to scrape the side edges of the screen paint/plastic with a hobby knife after removing the inner screen piece. This is of course very dangerous as you could break something (most likely the LCD or cable). If it is out of warantee and you don't care and/or are good with these things you could try it.
They've should cover the critical parts from be painted already in the Factory. So only visible parts of the case were painted and for example not insides, "snap-ins" etc... I guess the paint is very thick, otherwise it shouldn't have any effect onto the fitting. It almost looks like they didn't testwise assembled a painted Case in the Case Factory. :(
Of course now it is to late. And the best would have been not to paint the Case and fix instead the weird Plastic-colour issues with more suited techniques. Then they've were able to "Sandblast" the surface to have a equal finish. Would had removed Stuff from surface instead of adding, could have saved alot case-releated issues I guess. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think an unpainted but flush fitting bezel would be preferable to a painted but bowing one.

fusion_power said:
They've should cover the critical parts from be painted already in the Factory. So only visible parts of the case were painted and for example not insides, "snap-ins" etc... I guess the paint is very thick, otherwise it shouldn't have any effect onto the fitting. It almost looks like they didn't testwise assembled a painted Case in the Case Factory. :(
Of course now it is to late. And the best would have been not to paint the Case and fix instead the weird Plastic-colour issues with more suited techniques. Then they've were able to "Sandblast" the surface to have a equal finish. Would had removed Stuff from surface instead of adding, could have saved alot case-releated issues I guess. :)
That would be too much work. If they had to mask each one it would go slow and be very expensive.

The paint definetly has an effect. Remember when the shoulder buttons were painted? Craig had to drill the holes out or they would stick. That is proof right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back