Another Joystick Idea...

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
Has anybody attempted to 'file' or somehow make small 'notches' at the 4 cardinal points of the 'gate' peice of plastic which prevents excess travel of the joystick?

Wouldn't that allow the non-diagonals to be hit more successfully? I'm sure I've seen 8 way joysticks on arcade machines which have an octagonal 'gate' which achieves the same sort of effect...

I guess it might be difficult to actually do, but looking at mine with the cap off, I'm sure it could be done if you were careful...

umm. for the years i've been trolling and posting on this forum, i've never heard of 1 single complaint about a GP32 having problems with a non diaganol. They've all been about the diagonals. So not sure why you would want to do this to begin with.

I think I know what you mean but I don't want to be the first to try it ;)

you could just file the stick part of the joystick head into a squareish octagon too, thatd probably have much the same effect and its not such a big deal if you mess it up..

edit: ignore that, just noticed that it doesnt extend all the way down to the base.

I know what you mean, kind of like the gamecube joystick. I can imagine that I'd mess it up though and end up with the stick getting stuck in a little groove every time I press up...

Back