Another New Pic From Craig

Monk said:
craigix said:
we don't have 100 power supplies

Huh? Why not?
That is indeed the first thing I thought when I read that.
Not enough sockets/adaptors is fine, but not enough power supplies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably they don't want to take customer power supplies out of the box. If the open too many of them they won't have enough pristine ones to send out with the Pandoras.

Aninhumer said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

Huh? Why not?
I read it not as "the bits of the Pandora we call 'power supplies'" and more "the holes in the wall that supply the power".

Line O said:
Aninhumer said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

Huh? Why not?
I read it not as "the bits of the Pandora we call 'power supplies'" and more "the holes in the wall that supply the power".

lol it probably means testing 100 built pandora's with the ac-adapter

Line O said:
Aninhumer said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

Huh? Why not?

That's what I read:

craigix said:
or a way to plug that many in!

as being about. they don't have 100 power supplies OR a way to plug that many in.

SONY said:
stustaff said:
Na-Noo said:
Better still photoshop it, it's what people are gonna say anyway :lol:

It is weird that no one has yet posted a SINGLE picture of a completed Pandora...??? wonder why?

What are you on about?

erm ok didnt think it was that complicated, but I was on about the fact that at the time 50 or 100 Pandora had been made and some even posted yet Craig or X8600 had not posted a single pic of a MP pandora?

I would have assumed Craig or someone would of thought it pretty important and worthwhile to take 4 or 5 pictures of the first EVER MP Pandora?

Not really. I'm more interested in just building and shipping them. I posted a couple of pics last night, but the time for pictures is over. Customers are starting to get their Pandoras now.

stustaff said:
I would have assumed Craig or someone would of thought it pretty important and worthwhile to take 4 or 5 pictures of the first EVER MP Pandora?
You mean like this?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53552-look-who-flew-the-nest/

craigix said:
Not really. I'm more interested in just building and shipping them. I posted a couple of pics last night, but the time for pictures is over. Customers are starting to get their Pandoras now.

Agreed. Just get the buggers out. I'm hoping mine will be shipped next week, but GBAX aren't answering emails at the moment :(

As for the queue order problem that's been highlighted - which shipping did those folks who got their confirmation choose? If it was UPS then that may be the reason that some are getting theirs out-of-order... Cos the post office don't open for standard delivery until monday :)

D.

craigix said:

You have to respect that. The pictures we've had so far are enough to wet our appetites, let the team get the units out for review and to the customers as first priority, & then there will be a huge influx of media available. I sincerely hope the Pandora gets good reviews. It would awesome if more units are requested by the public, giving the team a chance to make a buck or two or further production runs.

I can imagine the first run will be very hectic, and 4000 units will seem large mountain, but every day that passes more units will be completed and then before you know it the 4000 will be done. :)

I think of all the things I'm excited about, it's the controls & promise of 100% accurate Super Mario World. I look at my handheld collection, and to be honest my GBA SP still has the best "Feel" for D-pad, but is just a tad too small. Knowing how much care that has been put into the controls of the Pandora and how well thought out the design is, has me very very interested.

We will see in perhaps just a few short months! :) (I'm at the end of the line)

craigix said:

Totally correct attitude. We know what it looks like by now, the people who get them can post the pictures.

craigix said:
I completly agree with Craigs statment.

The last 2 years have been filled with many delays that where out of the teams control. Now they have the team toghether, and the parts for 1000 Pandoras. The only thing to do now is assemble and ship, there can be no passing the buck at this point for any delays. 100% of the first 1000 units is in there hands, the last thing anyone should be doing is spending time making vids and taking pics.

I'll take my own pics and videos next week when my unit arrives(GOD willing) :lol:

Chris

Loonie said:
craigix said:

We know what it looks like by now, the people who get them can post the pictures.

Yup - photos of Pandoras in customer's hands will be a lot more meaningful than "yet another photo" from OpenPandora.

Excellent response Cx!.

now you cannot pin the delay to no one else!

(well maybe to the Repo guys that never came to pick up the packets and that and, well it seems you still used that one XD)

just joking.

but please i want to know how are the other 3k units going? how much extra delay should be expected?

Back