Another Purple screen...

anntao

Still Fresh
Hi all,

So, I've bought my pandora from one of the users on the forum last month... It's been working great and thanks to the amount of threads around, everything was quite easy to set up, from Psx, Scummvm, MAME4All to Dosbox.

Unfortunately, since a few day ago, I've been seeing what it's being referred as the purple tint of death. It works fine when the lid is completely open but I see it getting weaker and weaker.

I just want to make sure I have things right for the RMA... I just need to send it to the following adress with a note explaining what the issue is right?

Michael Mrozek

OpenPandora GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

I don't have the order number and the seller haven't replied, is that an issue? Can I send it without it?

Thanks guys for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Greg, my Pandora has a purple screen as well, I didn't have the time to make a video

I posted here a month ago: http://boards.openpa...-screen-oh-god/

I bought it from a member of this forum, I have no time to handle the situation now (I wanted to explain another time in details, but each time I wanted, I was telling myself "I will ask help tomorrow", because I was afraid of the answer), I don't have the order number too, may I send my precious Pandora at that adress too :( ?

Thanks you very much for your answer

(Edit:) My Pandora is still working, but that damn purple screen remains from one month now

And if it's possible to make an upgrade? I don't want to push too far my wish to get my Pandora working with a clear screen (which is on top priority for me), but if I can add the money required to make on top of that an upgrade I would be so glad...

Oh Greg, my Pandora has a purple screen as well, I didn't have the time to make a video

I posted here a month ago: http://boards.openpa...-screen-oh-god/

I bought it from a member of this forum, I have no time to handle the situation now (I wanted to explain another time in details, but each time I wanted, I was telling myself "I will ask help tomorrow", because I was afraid of the answer), I don't have the order number too, may I send my precious Pandora at that adress too :( ?

Thanks you very much for your answer

(Edit:) My Pandora is still working, but that damn purple screen remains from one month now

And if it's possible to make an upgrade? I don't want to push too far my wish to get my Pandora working with a clear screen (which is on top priority for me), but if I can add the money required to make on top of that an upgrade I would be so glad...

There's nothing to upgrade to.

What is the current status for RMA when it is related to PTOD? I suppose you have the spare parts available to repair, so it's not relying on an external partner. Is the delay reasonable?

I'm still catching up with repairs (doing the whole business plan thing ate a lot of my time), but I'm getting there.

If you send it in, it should need about 1.5 weeks until it will be repaired.

Hi Michael

I just saw the purple screen on my device as well. I bought it through Craig, should I send it to you or him? I don't mind paying for total shipment and/or a donation to you if you can help me. I get a feeling that it might be faster if I send it to you instead of Craig :)

Hi Michael

I just saw the purple screen on my device as well. I bought it through Craig, should I send it to you or him? I don't mind paying for total shipment and/or a donation to you if you can help me. I get a feeling that it might be faster if I send it to you instead of Craig :)

To me, I fix those all.

You can always send a donation, if you would like.

It's on the OpenPandora.org website :)

I sent a query letter through e-mail, but I don't really have time to wait for a response as I'm moving in 6 weeks and want to have some hardware issues with my Pandora taken care before I leave.

So just to make absolutely sure: I mail the Pandora, with the battery but not the AC adapter or my SD card, to the address listed above and include a note detailing the issues I'm having.

Am I required to pay the return shipping as well or do you cover that?

Is that everything or am I missing something? Can anyone who's been through the RMA process chime in?

If the turn around is really a week and half, that's amazing ED!

I sent a query letter through e-mail, but I don't really have time to wait for a response as I'm moving in 6 weeks and want to have some hardware issues with my Pandora taken care before I leave.

So just to make absolutely sure: I mail the Pandora, with the battery but not the AC adapter or my SD card, to the address listed above and include a note detailing the issues I'm having.

Yes.

Am I required to pay the return shipping as well or do you cover that?

I'll cover that.

Is that everything or am I missing something? Can anyone who's been through the RMA process chime in?

If the turn around is really a week and half, that's amazing ED!

Yes, when the unit arrives at my place. However, shipping and customs can take 2 - 3 weeks as well, don't forget that!

Hi ED, I sent you an e-mail last month about nub issues on my Pandora (the nubs have failed to respond and I have tried everything from re-calibration, to a reflash) which also has a failed LCD cable and is starting to develop a couple of cracks in the case. I understand you may not have read the e-mail since you are very busy.

I would like to know if it would be possible for me to get 2 replacement nubs, 2 replacement LCD cables (one for an actual replacement, another for a spare), a replacement case, and a keymat from you soon. I have had these issues with the Pandora for a few months now but never bothered to send you an e-mail until recently. I can pay immediately for the replacement parts, please let me know how I can get ahold of these items. Thank you for your time.

Just roaming around reading the threads. What an awesome customer service to offer. I can tell you that I am a lead technician for a very popular video card (Nvidia manufacturer...just can't say WHO due to company policy!) manufacturer and we do not accept any in-warranty service unless you are the original purchaser. To help these folks that purchased second hand from another seller in the forums is not only amazing, but really noble and good. Wish my company did this for people!

umm... yeah

apparently I'm joining the purple tint of death club... 1 week after I got it...

I was wondering also if you could also replace the board because the bluetooth device is non existent and the microphone isn't working and do I send it to the address above with a note explaining it?

thanks in advance.

Mine's starting to purple-up too, but I think I am going to try and hold off sending it in for repair as long as I can stand it. Being without my Pandora for a month(or possibly longer) is not something i'm looking forward to.

Mine's starting to purple-up too, but I think I am going to try and hold off sending it in for repair as long as I can stand it. Being without my Pandora for a month(or possibly longer) is not something i'm looking forward to.

tell me about it, im getting withdrawal symptoms already :( I sent my pandora back to ED since 6 oct.. almost coming to a month... hope ED finds some time to do them...or at least reply to my pm if he recieved the package so i can rest easy

Back