Any Boot Animation Details?

fusion_power said:
Manga style maybe?
Nooo, please not. Not everyone interested in this device has a thing for manga. Especially me.
I will change the boot animation to the nintendo screen where the logo comes down and it makes DING anyway ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm, while i like the idea and the implementation

i dont wat eyes looking at me everytime i turn that thing on
anyway hopefully seeing this is open source, we should have custom boots easily

i might have a go at my idea, but only if i feel the need to get on my old crummy slow computer which has all the apps

Personally I dig the Pandora eyes on startup (BIOS), then if a rotating Pandora cube was on the screen during (OS) load that would rock.

Simple, clean, effective.

Zor Prime said:
Personally I dig the Pandora eyes on startup (BIOS), then if a rotating Pandora cube was on the screen during (OS) load that would rock.

The eyes are WAY too complicated for the BIOS-animation.

B-ZaR said:
Zor Prime said:

know what you are talking about.

The Bios supports booting with a GIF animation, it is not complicated at all..

Kloplop321 said:
B-ZaR said:
Zor Prime said:

know what you are talking about.

The Bios supports booting with a GIF animation, it is not complicated at all..

I know, but that animation looks too complicated to be packed to a small enough file. Looks more like hundreds of kilobytes than tens. By reducing detail it would of course fit, but not in its current state.

(this was deducted by estimating the size of the gif and comparing to other animations that have been deemed too large)

EDIT: The size restriction I remembered seems to be from http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=42285&st=0
If the size restriction really is 16KB, the eye animation must be roughened quite a bit to fit

just looked at the animations - brilliant :)

Blue eyes V2 with warmfluffy's zooming in would be great!

I guess that first mention of using eyes comes from Craig. IIRC he mentioned first few seconds from animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2GyQQIBNo but with blue color.

B-ZaR said:
EDIT: The size restriction I remembered seems to be from http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=42285&st=0
If the size restriction really is 16KB, the eye animation must be roughened quite a bit to fit

The BIOS was changed to UBOOT a few months ago, which doesn't support *any* animation. Of course, it shouldn't take long to hack one in, but thats not exactly top priority right now.

I'm therefore guessing that the first edition Pandora's will probably display a static image, rather than an animation.

I was under the impression, that Pandora always had UBoot, it was often mentioned in the past afaik but I could be wrong.

Somehow it sounds like even the Bios is still under Development...and we have October. :D If the Pandora never had it's Hardware releated delays and the shipping happend like planed in June/July for example...uh, would we've gotten a Device without any Software then? XD

fusion_power said:
If the Pandora never had it's Hardware releated delays and the shipping happend like planed in June/July for example...uh, would we've gotten a Device without any Software then? XD
Most likely :)

"Here's your Pandora. We'll tell you how to put an OS on it when we figure it out ourselves..."

:D

First I'd like to say that it's really great to see the mods chiming in.
Second...On my part, I'm here for the community. I'm very excited about this handheld and am willing to help in any way I can. If it's an animated startup..great! If it's a static image...great! Once we know how things are shaping up, please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help. Format and quality restrictions have always been a fun challenge.
Third..profit

yummy tum, yummy tum, taaay

Back