Any Boot Animation Details?

a flightless bird sitting in the corner during bootup... that sounds familiar

ostrich_head.jpg

banjeed said:
ashdjones said:
Please. No eyes.

If I turn on my Pandora at the end of November and I get the eyes I will be very sad.

:(
What would you prefer to see as the boot animation? Sorry guys, work picked up again this weekend so I didn't have time to churn out the promised animation revisions. Depending on how today goes, I'm guessing I should be back on track

the one with the pandora log rocking was great... i just wish there was some emitting of blue circle beams and sound! i loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be cool if we used one of the previous animations (the one with the really big blue eyes - not realistic) and when the eyes opened, the blue light flooded out of them turning the screen blue, then the screen zooms out to a rotating, 3d pandora logo. I'd make a demo if I had any artistic talent.

yosh64 said:
hey

How about a picture of a pandora, and then another pandora appears on the screen of that pandora, then another and so on, hehe.

Anyhows nm.

cyas
you mean like this but with the Pandora only?

WarmFluffyUK said:
yosh64 said:
hey

How about a picture of a pandora, and then another pandora appears on the screen of that pandora, then another and so on, hehe.

Anyhows nm.

cyas

Even better would be that, but the Pandora being the last one, swallowing up all of the various devices that the Pandora can emulate? N64/C64/Amiga/PSX/etc.

Vorporeal said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
yosh64 said:
hey

Anyhows nm.

cyas

Even better would be that, but the Pandora being the last one, swallowing up all of the various devices that the Pandora can emulate? N64/C64/Amiga/PSX/etc.

yeah, that is true

and WarmFluffyUK, that is a very cool animation find/creation :eek:

How about all kinds of (emulatable) systems, along with screenshots from indie games, gp2x, and finally a laptop all flying into a box, then the box closes and shakes a bit, opens, and a pandora pops out?

azmodean said:
How about all kinds of (emulatable) systems, along with screenshots from indie games, gp2x, and finally a laptop all flying into a box, then the box closes and shakes a bit, opens, and a pandora pops out?
Banjeed, why don't you combine your animation with this guy's idea :rolleyes:

The blue eyes animations could cause some problems as they are very similar to the Video for the Jean Michelle Jarre Aero track. The video was just a close up of Anne Parillaud's eyes as she listened to the track in question.

Just do a Google Image search for 'Jarre Aero' to see how close the CD cover image is as well.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Kloplop321 said:
azmodean said:

This sounds fantastic! I'm very willing to take on this project. Please keep the ideas running if you have any. This is great direction for a new animation. this is an open source console and I'd very much like to keep the community involved. (BTW, Clare. you're doing some amazing work. thank you)

banjeed said:
Kloplop321 said:
azmodean said:

This sounds fantastic! I'm very willing to take on this project. Please keep the ideas running if you have any. This is great direction for a new animation. this is an open source console and I'd very much like to keep the community involved. (BTW, Clare. you're doing some amazing work. thank you)

You too hun, but don't let this get out of hand. We need something short and sweet and I don't think a boot animation shout be very complex or too long. That was my only criticism of your other animation: It's an excellent piece of work, but a little too complex for a boot animation for my tastes. For me, simple is better.

I would be very interested to see what you come up with though :)

WarmFluffyUK said:
banjeed said:
Kloplop321 said:
azmodean said:

You too hun, but don't let this get out of hand. We need something short and sweet and I don't think a boot animation shout be very complex or too long. That was my only criticism of your other animation: It's an excellent piece of work, but a little too complex for a boot animation for my tastes. For me, simple is better.

I would be very interested to see what you come up with though :)

yeah we don't need a full length movie, but we need one that at least doesn't have the person sitting there while the kernel is still loading :p

Oooh! it's a shame to see that this topic is getting buried. Here's my take on the eye animation.
Eye Animation
I guess my biggest issue with the previous one was how "flat" it looked. Beer is great..

banjeed said:
Oooh! it's a shame to see that this topic is getting buried.
Yes, it's a shame. Nothing's still been decided yet and I really like what people have made so far.

banjeed said:
Here's my take on the eye animation.
Eye Animation
I guess my biggest issue with the previous one was how "flat" it looked. Beer is great..

Though I'm not a fan of the "eye-nimation" idea, I like this one. If it had to be eyes, I'd vote for your take. However, I'd like something lean, clean and abstract. Like the earlier Box-logo and thunder-write thingamajings.

banjeed said:
Oooh! it's a shame to see that this topic is getting buried. Here's my take on the eye animation.
Eye Animation

wow, that looks nice! :eek:
I like :D (if it the iris was color shifted to blue :p )

Back