Any Boot Animation Details?

I kinda liked that one guy's avatar where each of the faces of the Pandora logo light up, I thought that was cool. And weren't those eyes used on the LCD test a while back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I was thinking of the first ten seconds of this demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2GyQQIBNo

GunPei2X said:
Isn't the eyes from Desert Dream what was on the early Pandora videos as a splash screen?
Now you've said it, I think your right. Don't know if they were animated though. Probably not.

Squidge said:
GunPei2X said:
Isn't the eyes from Desert Dream what was on the early Pandora videos as a splash screen?
Now you've said it, I think your right. Don't know if they were animated though. Probably not.

yes, they are. also, in a previous topic, craig or someone stated a desire to have that be some type of boot or load animation

cb88 said:
anyway i wonder if a screenshot could be taken and set that as the boot logo so it looks like it is booted sooner than it is X.x
wow... that would give all those nostalgics the impression they are using windows, so yes, that would be awesome :)

does anyone else think the 2nd gamecube opening (as far as i know they only ran it in a promo DVD from 02ish) would fit?
edit- its two slash strokes downwards for the left and right side lines, then a blur drop of the complete logo.

trooper said:
I found this, Which i think would be way cool for a startup animation. This is not mine, I am not the creator.

cateyesanimationyb5.gif

Trooper
AtariJaguarCDBox.jpg

ashdjones said:
The scary eyes should appear as the boot animation on Halloween, that would make a nice Easter Egg!

Infact, why not have a bunch of variations for different days like Google do?

And on April Fools, the Pandora can pretend to crash or something.
Details like that are interesting and can give Pandora more personality, showing it's a more personal and cared project.

An idea I have could be some kind of cat-like, asian femenine blue eyes with some mysterious stuff. You start and it open the eyes in a delicate way with blurry effect. Maybe it sucks or can't be done properly.

Or... it can be a pair of eyes resembling the ones of Pandora, in a greek mythological style (not sure how they were drawed).

Maybe it can be like the PSP, where before it switches on I see my own eyes staring back at me?

Ok, creepy is usually what I go for. I thought it'd be cool to have a system on the train that didn't boot into a logo with a happy chime. something people would actually get freaked out by in the corner of their eye and notice that this thing is some whacked out shit they haven't seen before. What are you're constructive thoughts on what this should be? Shoot your ideas my way and I'm more than happy to mock them up, no matter how far fetched they are. Thanks guys

banjeed said:
something people would actually get freaked out by in the corner of their eye and notice that this thing is some whacked out shit they haven't seen before.
^--- lol ---^

Whats the reflection in the eyes? Looks like a table with some various crap on it.

i was looking forward to a animation like banjeed's avatar. will there be sound, like a chime or something? but its not like you can't change it yourself anyway :p

Back