Any Boot Animation Details?

Just realized how slow my animations play on others' computers. I've posted a youtube link
Latest Render
I'll use youtube from now on so that the speed doesn't get crippled

Last edited by a moderator:
banjeed said:
Just realized how slow my animations play on others' computers. I've posted a youtube link
Latest Render

I really like this one. It just needs to be smoothed out a little bit and it would be perfect!

craigix said:
I'd like a HD video of over exposed (white skin and very) blue eyes opening then a fade to white.

That's just my idea though, it might not happen.
I just now realized this, but you do know you're talking about someone who has the spice addiction, right?

Please tell me someone else gets this reference...

banjeed said:
Latest Render

i like it, but i think the shaking should slow down. i kinda got dizzy

EDIT: nevermind that, i think it's fine. but I think you might want to add light sound. like Rumbling, and a crash

WarmFluffyUK said:
craigix said:
I'd like a HD video of over exposed (white skin and very) blue eyes opening then a fade to white.

A bit like THIS?

I actually like the version in your avatar better, where they close and then open. Feels more real.

banjeed said:
Latest Render

Dude that was sick as hell! I'd be rather pleased if I saw something that smooth appear as soon as I booted my Pandora. Not too long animation and rather simple made it so smooth. Props.

I really don't like the eyes. Kinda creepy if you ask me.

I think it should be similar to the gamecube's. not copying it of course, tho. I just think the gc had a great boot animation

banjeed said:
Latest Render

that was amazing i love it, was there sound in that? i really wish there was sound...(i dont have speakers on my laptop)

box has some positioning and rotational issues for the OCD people :p between frames 42-47, and some other slight adjustments

Kloplop321 said:
box has some positioning and rotational issues for the OCD people :p between frames 42-47, and some other slight adjustments
Thanks Kloplop,

What you're seeing is the victimized render of too many ideas trying to bust through the brain wall. The box actually shakes and rattles as if something's trying to bust out of it. the problem is, when you turntable around something like that, it tends to look like the camera moves, rather than the box (which is actually moving). I'm going to kill the movement, and stick to the rattling in my next rev. for those interested, I'm also working on a few more effects that'll knock this up a peg. I've added an old tv look to the intro as it turns on (scanlines and all) and I plan to implement a lightburst and earthquake for the explosion. There will also be audio in the next rev. Thanks for all of the input, and please don't hesitate to keep it coming!

Looks good. :)

How small in Filesize could these Animations squeezed? Gif-Animation is small but maybe not small enough? I remember the way, how old Console Games store their entire graphic content not as graphic but as code. So huge epic Games like Final Fantasy onto the SNES could fit into 1 or 2 Megabyte of Cartridge storage, amazing.

I'm sure the pandora can handle such a Animation quite easy but maybe we could reduce the booting time if the Boot-Animation is pure code?

WarmFluffyUK said:
craigix said:

A bit like THIS?

Wow, almost that, but maybe with a blink and a faster fade. Like the kefrens one.

As for boot sound effects, I'm not a fan, but if it had to be something optional I'd say maybe just like breathing, a deep breath, something to show it's alive but in a subtle way.

I *hated* the GP32 jingle :)

craigix said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
craigix said:

A bit like THIS?

Wow, almost that, but maybe with a blink and a faster fade. Like the kefrens one.

As for boot sound effects, I'm not a fan, but if it had to be something optional I'd say maybe just like breathing, a deep breath, something to show it's alive but in a subtle way.

How about THIS ONE then?

the closed eyes look a bit... out of place on the white, they end sorta abruptly. But I do like the eye-opening sequence.

I would like the fleshy part of the eyes to be in black-and-white while the iris of the eye is in color

WarmFluffyUK said:
craigix said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
craigix said:

A bit like THIS?

How about THIS ONE then?

I really like this. Great Job !

D)

Back