Any Good Mmorpgs?

RetiredAccount

Still Fresh
I am a big fan of the MMO StarWarsGalaxies, and I was wondering if there are any MMOS that could be played on the Pandora. I am looking for a game that is a lot like SWG and not a weird anime game.

Thanks for any replies and good luck to Craig & Co.!

1. they killed star wars galaxies
2. not really, theres an open source one, but it sucks and...
3. its "weird anime" (which is a pretty stupid statement)
guess youll have to wait till it comes out and see
mmo's seem like mostly aw aste of life to me

There are several opensource mmos. Do a search on sourceforge to get info on them. Also runescape should be possible. Second life if any one cares enough to port it.

SWG was once a great game but yea... its long gone.

PoisonedV said:
MMOs are fun as long as you don't let it take up too much of your time.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
PoisonedV said:

-God Ginrai

MMO's are social games. since the majority of MMO players are obsessed, you will never be able to stay with anyone for a reasonable length of time. me and 2 friends started playing WoW in 2006. they checked wikis, posted on forums, used generation tools, read about stat theory, while i played it for fun, quickly lagged behind, and then it didn't become fun
tl;dr fat obsessive nerds ruin it for everyone

PoisonedV said:
God Ginrai said:
PoisonedV said:

-God Ginrai

MMO's are social games. since the majority of MMO players are obsessed, you will never be able to stay with anyone for a reasonable length of time. me and 2 friends started playing WoW in 2006. they checked wikis, posted on forums, used generation tools, read about stat theory, while i played it for fun, quickly lagged behind, and then it didn't become fun
tl;dr fat obsessive nerds ruin it for everyone

I know what you mean. But it is possible to make it an enjoyable experience if you get lucky enough to find someone who isn't obsessive about it to party with. (You just got to be willing to stick with it long enough until you find some of the people like that)

-God Ginrai

only 5 hours a day? i got seriously obsessed, now i am free of the addiction, people think i would now think i wasted my time, but looking back it was an experience, and just a part of my history.

a mmorpg for handheld device that is designed around short sessions when you have time sounds like serious fun. a runescape port does sound fun for some recreational play as well, hopefully we will see it eventually.

Subscriptions_8846_image001.png

WoW rox, lol

mali said:
I know a guy who plays WoW 5 hours a day. What a waste of life :(
Yeah. He could be helping at the orphanage or doing cancer research in his free time instead.

Or sitting in front of a TV, or, my favourite, drinking himself into a stupor every night.

So long as he's off the streets and not getting in my way he can do with he wants with his free time, IMO.

dadioflex said:
mali said:
I know a guy who plays WoW 5 hours a day. What a waste of life :(
Yeah. He could be helping at the orphanage or doing cancer research in his free time instead.

Or sitting in front of a TV, or, my favourite, drinking himself into a stupor every night.

So long as he's off the streets and not getting in my way he can do with he wants with his free time, IMO.

Yeah, thanks for your opinion.

PoisonedV said:
How much time a day do you spend on these forums? Anyway, I do agree MMO's are a waste of time...

if there were a way of making the pandora to run WoW, you'd have an instant seller for all those WoW addicts out there...
they are getting eeepcs for that, but that really isn't that portable... with the pandora, you have the excuse it's small enough to bring wherever you go :)

Plus all the WoW players walking around with their faces in the screen are bound to get schmucked by passing trucks: kill two birds with one stone (pardon the pun)
;)

Curlyjs said:
PoisonedV said:
How much time a day do you spend on these forums? Anyway, I do agree MMO's are a waste of time...

All entertainment is inherently a waste of time, I find it amusing how some forms of it are elevated while others are dismissed.

Eniko said:
Curlyjs said:
PoisonedV said:

All entertainment is inherently a waste of time, I find it amusing how some forms of it are elevated while others are dismissed.

*Your favorite thing to do* sucks, *my favorite thing to do* rocks

cbox said:
Eniko said:
Curlyjs said:
PoisonedV said:

*Your favorite thing to do* sucks, *my favorite thing to do* rocks

The addictiveness makes the difference. There are psychological researches about that.

Eniko said:
Curlyjs said:
PoisonedV said:

Ouch. Lots of hate on the MMO players.

I play WoW a lot, but on the other hand I watch barely any TV and play few other games (I actually read more than anything else). WoW is just a more enjoyable way of killing time for me.

I think the MMO hatred comes from the mass of malicious players in WoW and the general slowness and repetitiveness of MMOs.

Back