Any Thoughts For Non Forum Buyers?

WizardStan said:
Dude, you promised to do better next time. If you can't keep your promises, don't make them.
That was not a personal attack, but a polite request for you to go easy on people. Seriously bro, chill. Go smoke some grass or something(as long as your an adult).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracker Jacker said:
That was not a personal attack, but a polite request for you to go easy on people. Seriously bro, chill. Go smoke some grass or something(as long as your an adult).
I think you're greatly mistaken here. jaycee900 is the one trying to speak for 3500 people. I was just reminding him that he does not, in fact, represent the opinions of the majority.

That’s fine, but you don't have to YELL. I think if you re-read your own post, you'll see that you were being a little arrogant and condescending.

What’s your dealeo? You constantly come across to me as someone that thinks he speaks for the OP team and community.

Cracker Jacker said:
That’s fine, but you don't have to YELL. I think if you re-read your own post, you'll see that you were being a little arrogant and condescending.

What’s your dealeo? You constantly come across to me as someone that thinks he speaks for the OP team and community.
You object to the way I capitalized "YOU"? It was for emphasis. It obviously wasn't enough, because jaycee900 and yourself then went on to completely miss the point.
Can you also provide an example where you thought that I thought I was speaking for the community?

WizardStan said:
You object to the way I capitalized "YOU"? It was for emphasis. It obviously wasn't enough, because jaycee900 and yourself then went on to completely miss the point.
Can you also provide an example where you thought that I thought I was speaking for the community?
It was more than enough. So much so that, than most people would dismiss it out of hand as emotional ranting.

If you really want examples, I'll see what I can do to help you out.

I cancelled my pre-order last year because of the lack of information at the time so it does matter (at least to me).

I got really fed up of craig posting flip comments on the board but then not actually answering questions.

Especially when deadline after deadline was being missed.

To me when you have around a million (assume 250.00 * 4000) of other peoples money , some updates would have been nice.

Since then (and I am sure NOT as a direct result of me cancelling) things seem to have got a lot better in terms of communications.

I still watch with interest and will probably order from batch two if it ever happens.

Meanwhile I will tinker with my WIZ which despite all the negative remarks is not a bad little device (compared with the GP2X F100 LOL).

Mark

Cracker Jacker said:

Could you please just check his "post count" and after that yours?
And then realise that his opinion is, at least to ME, more worth then yours?
AT LEASE FOR ME!

And I am not basing that ONLY on the post count. I just mentioned the post count because it should make it obvious for oyu that he MIHGT know what he is talking about.
His nick is on of, maybe 20, on this forum I have a high opinion off ;)

And we all should chill!

Cracker Jacker said:

If you don't stop your pointless attacks Im going to report you.
Be part of our community and be polite or go elsewhere.

I'm of the mind that if you know of the Pandora you will know of these boards and the blog, if you can't be bothered to use the energy to click a link and read the latest status update then you probably don't actually care. If it was an issue then I expect those that were interested would be emailing to ask where the hell their device is.

On the side, I know what you're trying to achieve cracker, you set out on the wrong foot and so you're trying to run with the troll thing, but it's already run it's course, I suggest you rebrand yourself and start a new page. In all honesty Stan is a long running, well liked, and well respected guy with numerous contributions to this community under his belt, trying to victimise him just makes you look even more of a bell end.

You. YOU expect to be informed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YH2gIhYvPc

EDIT:

so I bought mine on day 1, but as you can tell by looking <------- I didn't even make a user account until 6 months later. I think the delays cause the non forum junkies to come here and look to find out what the hell is going on, if they actually care, or as mentioned, even remember. The problem with ignorance to those in the dark only checking the main website; basically all the real info is on the official website and official blogs. They do keep you up to date in a more or less professional sense, although sometimes there's a delay in the timeline of actual events and when it's being reported. The info is all there really. Just because they're not as fanatical about reporting like pandorapress does with any snippets of new things that come about, doesn't mean it lacks any information at all. If you look at the site and the blog, you can see the major events of what has taken place over the past year and change.

I don't think you give your everyday lurker the credit he deserves. He did find and pre-order a pandora, we're not talking about something you bought off ebay afterall.

@crackerjack... quit trolling, you're too obvious, thought you were a master at this stuff :rollseyes:

I don't think you give your everyday lurker the credit he deserves. He did find and pre-order a pandora, we're not talking about something you bought off ebay afterall.

And that would certainly apply to me :D My post count is... 10? Maybe? I almost never actually log on here but I check the forum about once a week because something new will come up like new pictures (which are always sweet) or, more recently, the whole USB dongle possibility for the wifi. If someone paid their hard earned money (I used my tax return :D ) I'd expect they could accomplish a similar ten to fifteen minutes once per week, it's really not very hard.

This is not a large company ,now come on people ,i think we all know this so in understanding that fact you would also have to know that it's only a small bunch of people and the rest of this forums community that's running the show ,keeping everyone informed and trying to be as open and honest at all times while trying to get this device out there.

So why buy into something of this nature and then complain about the lack of emails ?
this forum and the main page is where it's all at and if you didn't understand that then can you please understand now and stop putting money into something as wild and adventurous as the Pandora if you do not even wish to know anything about it ,ever heard of google ? Look, like i say before you could have simply emailed OP and you would have had all the information you needed at any given point up till now ,so why didn't you do this ?

@ paddy - Too many hard returns! Go with the flow man

EDIT: I mentioned it because on my SmartQ 7 (800x480) the screen reads terribly with all the 'extra' line breaks

Back