Anyone Else Have This Happen To Them?

lancelott

First of all I'm running 1.2.0. I've had the GP2X and an Adata 2GB SD Card for about a week or two.

Anyway, the past day or two, I've noticed that sometimes my SD card doesn't get detected on boot. Most of the time, if I remove it then reinsert it, it will end up working. I've only had one problem with this that's had me have to remove and reinsert over and over with no luck.

I don't know if it's related or not, but my SD card has not been automounted by pmount/ivman in linux once or twice. Though the vast majority of the time, it will detect it.

It also seems that it only happens when I boot after non-use. If I try shutting it off and back on after a fresh boot, it appears to have no problems mounting it.

I've treated my GP2X fairly well. If there's a bad condition I've exposed it to though, the worst is having it in a cold lunchbox (an ice pack was in the lunchbox). It wasn't in there unprotected though, it was shielded by a shut Nintendo DS carrying case. So I am uncertain if that could've caused damage to the units. That was for maybe 3 hours tops around 2-3 days.

Any ideas?

OK. I successfully upgraded to 1.2.1. If I have these issues later (as I mentioned before it rarely happens after a successful boot), I'll post again.

So far, so good though. It's been mounted every time I've tried.

Well, it happened again. I played Phantasy Star 4 for a few hours. Then I shut my GP2X off and switched batteries to some fully charged 2500mahs. The SD card wasn't immediately detected. I had to reinsert it before it was detected.

i have the exact same problem with the first poster.

my card NEVER gets detected on boot, i have to insert it after the menu has loaded.

and sometimes, when i put the card in, my menu freezes...taking the card out unfreezes it, but i cant get it to work unless i turn it off and on...

Back