Anyone Else Here Losing Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'solidstate' said:
Surely that's part of the fun of getting any new gadget (notice that I said Part). The Internet is full of unboxing or blending vids - so it can't be just me.
No it's not just you, and you're right about unboxing stuff being part of the fun :) What I meant was that IMHO you shouldn't care that much about your co-workers' opinion regarding the Pandora or anything else. The only opinion you should trust about the things you buy, the clothes you wear or the politics you believe in, is yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
'darkblu' said:
'Exophase' said:
Since this is an iPhone topic, I am just going to say how impressed I am with how useful everything is in the app store. I saw an Apple commercial the other day, it said "You're at a restaurant and you need to find out how much to tip. We have an app for that." Amazing, someone developed an app that does basic division.

behold the benefits of fully-pipelined fpu ; p
And that's all the more impressive as FP div's are not pipelined :p

I've lost almost all interest in the Pandora. Given the way I was ignored by craigix and given the delays, I have focused on other things :)

This topic has discussed Crapintosh products. I'm losing interest in the topic. I don't need an iPhone to make me feel better about myself. And I certainly wouldn't need to show it around to all the other sheep that might want one as well. I have a generic Blackberry that makes calls and delivers emails. It also makes an excellent doorstop at my Gym so I don't have to walk all the way around to the front when I forget my Mp3 player and have to run out to my car. I am excited about the Pandora because it will likely do what it was intended for and do it well. I'm glad the developers are taking time to ensure the product delivered has as few potential problems ass possible. Unlike the HD in my former iPod which was replaced 3x before I gave up and swore off Apple products.

Yup, definitely have lost interest for the time being.... Between the constant delays, the joke that was paying for this (two times), and the fact that whoever owns this site doesn't give enough of a crap to fix the damn 's, I am checking up on things every few weeks at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to getting my Pandora and am sure it will be great, but the team is definitely NOT hitting it out of the park at the moment....

'Laurent' said:
In all fairness, you can do tip calculation with a floating point multiply. Sorry for overstating the technology in the app, I feel guilty now :(

'Exophase' said:
'Laurent' said:
In all fairness, you can do tip calculation with a floating point multiply. Sorry for overstating the technology in the app, I feel guilty now :(

You can do it with fixed point multiply if you really want.

Maybe it's we're underestimating it though, it could be a plot from apple to control the rates for tipping so that they can bribe restaurants and make even more money for being useless.

I was at Cebit yesterday. It was a sad affair. The Pandora is going to clean the floor with that shit. The phones either have crappy hardware or run Windows Mobile. The laptops are mostly very unimpressive. The pocket beamers are a joke. The best gadget I found amongst all the junk was probably the grandma-phone. Of course, some of the more impressive products were missing on the show floor but even then a direct competitor to the Pandora is not even on the horizon. I'm as excited as ever.

'flatmush' said:
'Exophase' said:
'Laurent' said:

You can do it with fixed point multiply if you really want.

Maybe it's we're underestimating it though, it could be a plot from apple to control the rates for tipping so that they can bribe restaurants and make even more money for being useless.

Fixed point has much too serious range limitations. With 25.7 you could only represent up to a 16.7 million dollar purchase (remember, your bill might be negative dollars so we need it to be signed). With 64bit it's a little better, letting you spend up to $72057594037927935, but this is still only a moderate purchase by Apple's standards. Of course this is assuming that 1 cent precision is enough. That might work for some but I think the users of this app expect better.

ZING (I wish there was a Firefox extension that made hovering over any rim-shot type of text would produce the correct noise)

I lost interest a while ago. :rolleyes: But i still come on the forum now and then just too see if Craigonator Lol ever comes out. ;)

'clippa' said:
CODE
http://www.edspresso.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lucy-psychiatrist.gif
It sounds like the reason you're buying these gadgets is so that you can take them to work and show them off.
Now you're not so sure that you want it because you think that nobody will be interested. Don't take any gadgets to work, you're not a boring person.
Next time you buy something, you should ask yourself why you're buying it, and if you really want it. If you're just buying it to impress people, put the money back in your pocket and slap yourself in the face. If you keep doing this, maybe in a few years time, you will run past electrical shops and cower in the corner whenever anybody mentions "apple".

+1 Wow that was some damn good advice.

I don't see how we can continue to be consistently excited about the Pandora when we cannot even stay on topic for longer than a few posts. Haha.

Better things are coming, at lower prices.

If a handheld linux device with PSX comes out with a price point under $200, I am going to buy it. And there are several devices that are going to be released within 2-3 months that meet those standards, so the Pandora had better hurry for my money, or get a massive price drop. ;)

I've pretty much lost interest too. I'm just going to park all my projects and start developing iPhone stuff instead.
Maybe I'll have a look on the forums in a few months and see if there has been any movement.

I can understand losing interest in Pandora, but for iPhone? Come on :(

iPhone is totally unsuitable for a huge chunk of what Pandora can do.

I"ve only been waiting from approx the beginning of this year, so not yet lost interest - a bit boored of the forums though (I could have something useful to say here - when i get the pandora... :p).
I propably won't lose interest (soon) because I know of no other device that would check all the right "boxes".
I"m totally awstruck that someone is thinking that anything produced by apple could replace a pandora - i wont even bother to elaborate on this (just look at the specsheet...).

I think it might be with the widespread use of iPhones and the ability to generate a decent amount of scratch from the stupidest applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back