Anyone Else Here Losing Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this one has replaced the Halo thread, than?

'fade' said:
WoW IS NOT NERDY!
every social-game/network is nerdy, indeed, but who cares :)

Anyway, I'm loosing interest as well. I'm a first batch preorderer, and expected this ppc by christmast at worst, but now I know I wont see it until this autumn being lucky, let's just be realistic.
Now I bought an Omnia (a nice windows ppc phone with more connectivity and storage than pandora), and I'm not so sure that the pandora will be that amazing when shipping will start. I'm also waiting for the shipment of my new car, and it's the 42nd day of waiting (and waiting for a new car when your 12-years old one is tearing apart is more soul consuming, believe me! :D )
But hey, I'm not saying it is a failure already (I still think the pandora would be a cool pocket pc, eventually), just that I think one has many interests in his life so the enthusiasm for this project has frozen since months!
I agree with the thread starter ^_O, we'll talk again when we'll see this handheld in our hands, eventually :)

Last edited by a moderator:
'paolo' said:
'fade' said:
WoW IS NOT NERDY!

Anyway, I'm loosing interest as well. I'm a first batch preorderer, and expected this ppc by christmast at worst, but now I know I wont see it until this autumn being lucky, let's just be realistic.
Now I bought an Omnia (a nice windows ppc phone with more connectivity and storage than pandora), and I'm not so sure that the pandora will be that amazing when shipping will start. I'm also waiting for the shipment of my new car, and it's the 42nd day of waiting (and waiting for a new car when your 12-years old one is tearing apart is more soul consuming, believe me! :D )
But hey, I'm not saying it is a failure already (I still think the pandora would be a cool pocket pc, eventually), just that I think one has many interests in his life so the enthusiasm for this project has frozen since months!
I agree with the thread starter ^_O, we'll talk again when we'll see this handheld in our hands, eventually :)

Autumn? why? i'm almost certian now i'll have it late april / early may. there's so little left to do.

I am still interested.

For me the Pandora is going to serve the purpose of being a laptop relacement. My personal dream is to have the power and flexibility of a desktop computer in my pocket, accessible at any time, any where.

Most PDA's and Smartphones out today are either incapable, under powered, or ill-designed for the tasks I have in mind - sometimes in purpose.

Take the iPhone for example: previous posts have detailed it's short commings nicely already, so I'll spare you the repeatation, but still, while it's an awesome media player and browser for casual reading, it's lack of functionality that I expect from PDA's (as a self admitted geek) is realy evident - and that's coming from someone who has a jail broken iPhone. SSH is not all that comfortable with an onscreen keyboard.

I want to to dev on the go. I want to remote login to my office workstation to do some admining or paperwork while I'm sipping coffee somewhere or stuck in traffic. I wanna run a casual game of a good ol' console game oldie to pass the time on the train. And I want to do this with the flexibility of a Linux system unhindered by locked out, jailed, walled garden of a user interface and limited access to the underlying system and applications due to a design aspiring toward being an "organizer", a "phone" (I'm looking at YOU, Steve Jobs!), or just plain corporate interests.

So far it seems like Android would be the only true competition for Pandora, but it looks like it too is a long way away from appearing on the market as a viable offer.

So there. Am I still excited? Not really. But I still want and intend to get one. Because if the specs are true...

The Pandora is exactly what I need.

I got an eee PC 1002HA for my birthday. Removed winblows and now fighting with ASUS for my M$ tax refund.

I have *never* lost interest. Have I been frustrated at times? Of course. But I know that it's all coming to an end before too much longer, and then the REAL excitement begins!

'Xisiqomelir' said:
I got an eee PC 1002HA for my birthday. Removed winblows and now fighting with ASUS for my M$ tax refund.
I'd contact MS if Asus won't do it. They have to allow you to reject the license otherwise it isn't valid. Which means a full refund for whatever portion of the cost of the license was.

Just let them know that you're not agreeing to the licensing on it, and they'll give you a refund. Mainly because if you reject the terms and they decline to return your money, you're not bound by the terms of the license. And that would be bad.

As for the Pandora, I'm probably more interested now than I have been in months. That new video is pretty impressive.

I'm still intrested in the pandora, though I've had to modify my plans. My original plans were to wait 'till I get my pandora, then finally pension off my old toshiba laptop. I've just recently bought an Asus EEE PC; not because I'm loosing intrest over the pandora, but because my laptop finally packed up and died!

ljones

My interest only grows. Sure, I want it now, my payment is in, I can only wait. As long as I get it before I move abroad in August I'll be happy.

I do wish the openpandora team would give more micro updates, tweet, whatever. Perhaps they have learned to stop giving dates because of the hassle they cause. I'd be happy with up to the minute updates though ;)

'lulzfish' said:
System beeps are when your computer decides something is so important that it has to bypass your regular sound system and activate the horrible embedded buzzer on your system board.
It has no volume control, no external switch, nothing.

And some default Linux installations [I think Ubuntu is finally getting away from it] will activate the system beep for no fucking reason at all, like if you try to backspace an empty text field. Or if your computer is shutting down or some fucking minute thing like that, it will make this loudass beep.
# rmmod pcspkr

'paolo' said:
'fade' said:
WoW IS NOT NERDY!

Fade, if WoW is not nerdy, then, well, what is?

Paolo hit it on the head though, does anyone care about what is nerdy and what is not past the age of 16?

losing interest? i am interested for 5 months now...And im not losing interest, until there comes a portable device that is capeable of doing even more then the pandora.

right now, im sad about the pandora, but that is becouse i didnt get a email back from the sales team.

The 'sales team' consists of two very busy ladies. Have patience, they will get back to you. Keep in mind that there may not be that many (if any at all) extras to order.

I've kind of lost my excitement in the Pandora, mainly due to the delays. This is the first time I've been on the forums in ages, but I think when the manufactures begin I will begin to get excited again. I may even get round to writing a game for it before they ship.

s 'v sd bfr, th pndr wll NVR rrv - ws xctd lst yr bt thn thy ld s mch bt dlvry dts ws n f th rhmm 'lsrs' wh ddn't rrdr.

Cn nybdy rmmbr whn t ws rgnlly d t rrv? Wht r thy gng t d whn th ltst btch f cc rdrs xpr bfr thy'v shppd th gds? Mk y ll rdr gn.

Ths prdct s jk.

nybdy sn ny pctrs f th ctl kybrd yt? (LL).
nybdy ls wndr why th brd dsn't ft th cs? (LL).

LL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back