GP2X Anyone Up For Go On Gp2x?

Yeah, different libc version linked by the app vs. the one on the GP2X.

A statically linked gnugo exectuable with softfloat can be found here.

But it doesn't seem to make much of a speed difference... maybe a factor 2.

Oh well... :)

That one works! ^_^

*is already addicted*

Now all we need is a version using images instead of text. ;P

And it will be the number one game on my GP2X. ^_^

RiX0R posted on Dec 20 2005 at 09:36 PM said:
Yeah at different libc version linked by the app vs. the one on the GP2X.

A statically linked gnugo exectuable with softfloat can be found here.

But it doesn't seem to make much of a speed difference... maybe a factor 2.

Oh well... :)

Oops, should have statically linked it. Shame the speed isn't better I suppose fixed point is the next option but a lot of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the speed too much, it makes you feel more like you're playing a person, actually. o.o

EDIT: on second thought, after a while on default settings it gets slow... I'll have to toy with the speed settings and see how fast I can get it. ;)

w00t, I finally got my own app to compile! Doesn't do much yet, just plays two computer opponents against each other.

But this thing is going to need some bad tweaking. Even on a 9x9 board the wait is horrible... :(

Yea, I realized that. :/

Although, I've found you can make it faster by changing the values of GnuGo's deep-reading and Ko-reading and such. (Easy to do via command-line)

Hi guys.. Sorry I have no time to read through the whole post.
Was anyone able to port GO to GP2X?? Is there a working port that I can DL?? It would be awesome to have "GO" on the go!

Hi guys.. Sorry I have no time to read through the whole post.
Was anyone able to port GO to GP2X?? Is there a working port that I can DL?? It would be awesome to have "GO" on the go!

Shoot, you just guessed my working title ;).

In this thread, you can find terminal versions of GNU Go. You're supposed to run them from sterm. They're not very convenient to use but they're functional.

In the meantime, I'm still working on a version with an SDL front-end. It's going slowly though... I think I've found a bug in GNU Go 3.6, and the correspondence with someone of the development team goes really really slowly.

I'll keep you all informed though.

RiX0R posted on Dec 21 2005 at 09:23 PM said:
But this thing is going to need some bad tweaking. Even on a 9x9 board the wait is horrible... :(
I'm sure you know of Go's infamous complexity that makes computers near useless at playing it :( Such a shame since the game is so fun but once you get to a certain level the computer is no longer a worthy opponent.

Well, the actual fact is that Go is so SIMPLE that the computer itself can't run a good AI. The AI needs a framework of rules, but the fact is, Go has so few rules that it allows many interpretations and different ways of playing, making it difficult to create a good AI for.

Also, RiX0R, Ever thought of porting Go Grinder to the GP2X? Or some other program that just plays SGFs for study, or has tsumegos for you to try?

Back