GP2X Ubuntu Gp2x Developer

flower_of_doom

Still Fresh
hi all :)
i've been lurking these forums unregistered for some time now.
the first thing i did when i finally got my f200 (kind of hard-to-pull-off stunt, since i live in serbia), being a computer tech student, was set up a development environment for gp2x software.. i'm an ubuntu user, and was kind of shocked when i found out that there are no pre-set IDEs for linux (or maybe i didn't look hard enough). finding that codeblocks played nice with gp2x development on windows, i decided to try and put it all together on my ubuntu box. after some googling i managed to make it work.
some months later, i reinstalled my os (not really a fan of those online updates.. i feel a lack of control when doing it), and lost all the settings (backup anyone? :D).
exam time is over now, and i wanted to continue working on my game (a touch screen aiming horizontal scrolling shmup) so i've decided to make a virtual disk image for virtualbox containing all the tools necessary for gp2x development. after it is done, i will find some place to upload it and share it with the rest of the world.
now, i need help to make this a really good and useful tool.
first of all, i've used only sdl for my game, so i know only how to set that one up.
i'll need some test apps for other libraries you people use, so i can incorporate those in the whole system.
i want all of you developers to tell me what you would like to see in such an environment.
if any of you did develop for gp2x on linux in some IDE better than codeblocks, i'd like to hear the pros and cons of using it. (just please don't go all elitist on me with things like "real programmers use vi and compile in terminal". i am not a newbie programmer, and have used your "advanced" methods, but like IDEs better)
and, last (and probably the least), if you have any nice gp2x related wallpapers and artwork (legally distributable, if possible ;)), please share it so we can make all this visually pleasing :)

Back