Anyone Want To Port Witchhaven 2 @ Build Engine?

Redsandro

Still Fresh
Website
www.rednet.nl
Hi,

I am not a prorgammer, so I really can't figure if this is very easy or very hard. So I'll just throw it into the group. :)

Witchhaven 2 is an oldskool game from 1996 by Capstone, which also uses the Duke 3d Build engine. And since that one is ported, maybe this one is easy to adapt. Especially since I found the source code online: http://www.lesbird.com/CAPSTONE/default.htm

It also has the Tekwar source which I also bought when I was young.. but I think that was the lamest game ever and I didn't understand how to leave the first level after you leave the metro!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I know Build-engine games are written in Watcom C and using a static lib for ?86 CPU's. That's why we have no Shadow Warrior or yet stable Duke Nukem 3D T_T

quasist said:
As I know Build-engine games are written in Watcom C and using a static lib for ?86 CPU's. That's why we have no Shadow Warrior or yet stable Duke Nukem 3D T_T
So non-ARP code is very hard to port?
I was hoping it was just some tweaks and a different (ARP) compiler.. I guess I was thinking too lighthardedly.

I thought (from what I read) that Duke 3d runs perfectly though.. I only want to try for myself when I get the full version. And I get the full version when I visit my parents maybe next week. Because there it is. My original holy Duke Nukem 3d CD ;)

I hope this is not asked x times before, but I couldn't find info in the search; isn't every Build game at least 95% the same, with major tweaks being menu/memory related?

quasist said:
actually I think we do have an early unstable port of shadow warrior. the duke3d port runs well I just personally have trouble finding a control config I'm happy with.

Back