[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

Both GameDevStory and Beastie Bay are not using any native libs, sadly. Thus they won't work.

They certainly did. Beastie Bay is just the most feature-filled game they've come out with... and it's free.

Only tried Epic Astro Story before... but have heard Game Dev Story is good too. :)

EDIT: Awwwww.   :(

Last edited by a moderator:
grmbl.

jet car stunts could've been easy. i see the splashscreen. and afterwards it just gets Aborted. Not even with a signal i can catch to backtrace. just abort. hmpf.

That's a pity so far about Jet Car Stunts, did you get to look at Worms yet? (that'd be good fun certainly)

That's a pity so far about Jet Car Stunts, did you get to look at Worms yet? (that'd be good fun certainly)
yeah i thought i have it when i saw the splash screen :-(

i'm working on worms at the moment. not seeing something on the screen yet, still typing. i hope i can at least finish one more module, would be a shame if so little modules are working ...

Well you have a few games working, so its proving that it does work, can only get better results with time! Thanks for all the hard work!

had about an hour or so this weekend for computer stuff ... so not much going on.

i've tested skype and flashplayer, but they dont link yet. some missing dependencies i need to track down, but i think nothing difficult at least to get them linked, the frustrating part starts afterwards.

This would would make the project more usefull for me.

I don't care about cheap Android Games.

Flash (go for it) and Skype would be the more awesome part.

i've tested skype and flashplayer, but they dont link yet. some missing dependencies
Is there a way to see what exactly for Depencies are missing?

Maybe we Users can copy the Depencies from Android or linking itself?

Or build them ^_^

had about an hour or so this weekend for computer stuff ... so not much going on.

i've tested skype and flashplayer, but they dont link yet. some missing dependencies i need to track down, but i think nothing difficult at least to get them linked, the frustrating part starts afterwards.
Alright, thanks for the update! Hope you still find the motivation to continue even though the competition is kind of "over" at this stage. I, for one, very much appreciate what you did and I hope you will get a few additional softs working. 

Alright, thanks for the update! Hope you still find the motivation to continue even though the competition is kind of "over" at this stage. I, for one, very much appreciate what you did and I hope you will get a few additional softs working. 
My ultimate goal is still getting it Unity android player compatible. Just "found out" that there's a development build of the android player, too. Just exported AngryBots sample project with those development libs (they're unstripped) and hopefully will get something out of it.

I'll continue to work on and off on this project, cause i think it's fun (mostly;)).

- first you need to take a look into the .apk and see if it links to some native library, i.e. thats easy, if there's a lib/armeabi or the like folder, there's at least a starting point. if not, then you can just stop trying at this early stage.
Id love to know more about what this means.  i have an apk that tells me that its missing some library dependencies.  Obviously i need to write some modules.  So I pop it open and I DO see a lib/armeabi folder with a bunch of .so files in it.  What does this tell me exactly?  This is a list ob libs that need to exist on the pandora?

I apologize if its a dumb question...  Im trying to google in parallel here and find my own answers but the top links to my queries keeps being this thread :)

- first you need to take a look into the .apk and see if it links to some native library, i.e. thats easy, if there's a lib/armeabi or the like folder, there's at least a starting point. if not, then you can just stop trying at this early stage.

Id love to know more about what this means.  i have an apk that tells me that its missing some library dependencies.  Obviously i need to write some modules.  So I pop it open and I DO see a lib/armeabi folder with a bunch of .so files in it.  What does this tell me exactly?  This is a list ob libs that need to exist on the pandora?

I apologize if its a dumb question...  Im trying to google in parallel here and find my own answers but the top links to my queries keeps being this thread :)
no dumb question. that just means that one of the containing libraries need a symbol that is not defined and so the linker fails. but to see what is missing, you need to have a debug build of apkenv. i've done a minor fix which is not pushed to the git yet (cause i've some other mess lying around ;) ), that multiple libraries inside the apk get extracted correctly and the linker is able to pick them up.

if you give me some hint what apk you're trying, i can take a look on one of the next days.

no dumb question. that just means that one of the containing libraries need a symbol that is not defined and so the linker fails. but to see what is missing, you need to have a debug build of apkenv. i've done a minor fix which is not pushed to the git yet (cause i've some other mess lying around ;) ), that multiple libraries inside the apk get extracted correctly and the linker is able to pick them up.

if you give me some hint what apk you're trying, i can take a look on one of the next days.
I'm working on getting 'Plex' to work actually.  It's SO CLOSE to working in so many ways.  I can run the plex web application in firefox/xfce and the video and sound both play, but you can only see one quadrant of the video at a time because the video is stuck at a window size larger than the pandora screen for some reason AND the playback seems to be at a higher rate than the pandora can handle...  Now I can hop into firebug and manually reset the <div> so that the whole movie is visible but that's a bit of a pita and it still looks a lot like youtube looks if you don't set it to 240p; all stuttery.

I can open android and run the application and it ALMOST works.  I get sound, but no video.  

I saw a post earlier this morning with someone who got onlive working ala android so I have hope that this will be possible!  And if I can get it working in android I can't help but think it would be even better in apkenv!

So back on the subject of self service (since this is a paid app I could hardly expect overworked you to drop what you're doing and save the day EVERY time :) ) - I just want to sum up what I think I hear.  If I go get a debug version of apkenv (and presumably setup a toolchain somehow) I can try this same experiment again, but as it will be the dev version the errors I get will indicate for me which library had its linking interrupted?  I can then look to see what wasn't linked and somewhere or other add in a method that was found to be missing?

i know i will be flamed after this but i'll ask anyway...could be possible to create an app like this which can read .ipa (iphone and ipone touch etc) apps rather than apk?

i know i will be flamed after this but i'll ask anyway...could be possible to create an app like this which can read .ipa (iphone and ipone touch etc) apps rather than apk?
And where do you get the Objective-C libraries ? Did you ever see that iPhone stuff was open source somewhere ? :)

Back