Appstore Look

conso said:
When I first read about the appstore, I assumed it would be more or less like this:

appstore.png

This is seriously perfect. The only things missing are: rating display/buttons on the right side. A link to the application's official website along with the short description.

It's very finger-usable without wasting space. All lists done on a per-category basis. A-Z listings. Short description/screenshot for every app plus download link.

Another site people might want to look at for inspiration is this. It's also designed for a device with an 800px wide screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, all of this makes me think

what kind of basic apps are going to be available for free from start, because if you start charging for every emulator
the panda will fall deep into the darkness.

i believe most of the pre-orderers bought it for its main emulation purpose, plus the navigator and basic apps.

DroneB Dev said:
Hmm, all of this makes me think

what kind of basic apps are going to be available for free from start, because if you start charging for every emulator
the panda will fall deep into the darkness.

i believe most of the pre-orderers bought it for its main emulation purpose, plus the navigator and basic apps.

since GPL exist, My guess is that most apps will be illegal if not served free...

GPL aside, the fact that there's an app store doesn't mean that people will suddenly start charging for software. Most emulators will either be available for free or every version except the most up-to-date version is free. That seems to be fairly standard, and it works well (AFAICT). I'm sure a lot of devs will still release homebrew as freeware/shareware/donationware even though the app store exists.

Trevsweb said:
heres the main page for mine. iphoney finger friendly, hopefully sub pages etc will be updated later today.
pandoraappstore.jpg
This is the way to go! :) Nice huge buttons so you don't have to get the stylus out every time you simply want to download a game.

conso said:
When I first read about the appstore, I assumed it would be more or less like this:

appstore.png
i really like that layout, but its not my style of theme. Can you maby make a other theme with this layout and size?
Also, i think app store games/apps/emu's/everything should have a nice icon.

by the way guys: is "app store" not copyrighted?

borgqueenx said:
conso said:

appstore.png
i really like that layout, but its not my style of theme. Can you maby make a other theme with this layout and size?

i think this theme might better suited to an app "appstore" looks like it will be a bitch to code in html

Trevsweb said:
borgqueenx said:
conso said:
posted image

i think this theme might better suited to an app "appstore" looks like it will be a bitch to code in html
True. I guess the theme from greendots will be the most easy and pretty'st.

I think you could do worse than look at something like addons.mozilla.org as a base. I think some people are getting their designs confused with a Pandora centric and a platform agnostic (purely web) store front.

My previous comment about tying it in to the openpandora.org website was that a lot of the styling depends on where it's going to be hosted or if indeed it'll be at a separate domain. Currently Craigix' mockup looks like the file archive, I'm not sure whether that was the intention or whether he used that as a starting point.

REST FULL API

simplest and most efficent way
it would also make in game updating easier

WizardStan said:
Trevsweb said:
last edit i promise : can firefox boot in fullscreen mode?... let say the panda came with a desktop icon or shortcut that could turn fullscreen mode on allowing us to use the full screen re-estate...
As far as I know, there is no way to start it fullscreen. You need to push F11. Seeing as the Pandora doesn't have an F11, we can probably arrange to make it some other key. There is a plugin or two that can do it, but I don't think that's a good idea.
You really scared me for a moment. F11 is Fn+O.

Alec  said:
WizardStan said:
Trevsweb said:
last edit i promise : can firefox boot in fullscreen mode?... let say the panda came with a desktop icon or shortcut that could turn fullscreen mode on allowing us to use the full screen re-estate...
As far as I know, there is no way to start it fullscreen. You need to push F11. Seeing as the Pandora doesn't have an F11, we can probably arrange to make it some other key. There is a plugin or two that can do it, but I don't think that's a good idea.
You really scared me for a moment. F11 is Fn+O.
OH HEY! You're right! Really, really sorry about that. Bit of a cold, my brain isn't functioning properly today. I forgot about those.

I didn't see this asked, but I'm sure it has, but where do donations go? If someone ports an open source emulator to the Pandora and someone donates to it when they download it does it go to the guy that ported it to the Pandora or to the project itself?

second exodous said:
I didn't see this asked, but I'm sure it has, but where do donations go? If someone ports an open source emulator to the Pandora and someone donates to it when they download it does it go to the guy that ported it to the Pandora or to the project itself?
to the paypal adress specified i guess.

pandoraappstore.jpg

This one is the best in my opinion... the only thing I'd like to see is what does it look like when you go to pick games in the list?

The Pandora browser does not have any of that shit at the top - even my PC one does not, I have it all on two tiny lines. I really HATE programs which steal screen real estate for no good reason.

The Pandora one has a minimal top with address bar and icons on one row. No title bar, no bookmarks etc.

craigix said:
The Pandora browser does not have any of that shit at the top - even my PC one does not, I have it all on two tiny lines. I really HATE programs which steal screen real estate for no good reason.

The Pandora one has a minimal top with address bar and icons on one row. No title bar, no bookmarks etc.

so whats the actual page size? height and width :)
thanks

craigix said:

no bookmarks? i hope they are added with ease.

Back