Appstore Populating

Asiyura

New: VCS 2600 Stella 3.2.1 - An Atari VCS2600-Emulator for the Pandora. Place r..

New: Atari ST - Hatari 1.3.1 1.3.1 - Hatari is a very good emulator for ST and related ..

New: Dosbox 0.74 - Emulator for PC (DOS).

Look like the shipped Pandora owners are going to play a bit :D

Reviews please?

There is a bug with kronos page on the appstore which makes it impossible to check the video etc. It breaks the first line and moves the buttons further down for me. overflow should be hidden in the first line or the name should be shortened with ".."
Latest Apps and Top Rated index is also still broken. Maybe we should just use the wiki to release things for now? Gives devs more freedom and easier to use for users for now.
Just my opinion..

//Edit: Appstore is here: http://apps.open-pandora.org/ - I didn't know it until recently tho. I always tried appstore and store.open-pandora.org instead. The thing looks far from being complete tho imo.

I'll have to check .. are these recent copies from the dl.openhandhelds page, or random stuff I uploaded ages ago when testing the appstore? (ie: good files, versus broken files just made up for testing appstore :)

Hmm :)

where the heck is that appstore anyway :)

jeff

skeezix said:
I'll have to check .. are these recent copies from the dl.openhandhelds page, or random stuff I uploaded ages ago when testing the appstore? (ie: good files, versus broken files just made up for testing appstore :)

Hmm :)

where the heck is that appstore anyway :)

jeff

http://apps.open-pandora.org/

EDIT:

Oh ninja'd

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO it's much better to use http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi for the time being. The App Store seems unoptimized so far, while the old archive seems stable & nicely working, even if it means less finger friendliness. But hey, i can browse it nicely from my ipod touch, so it should be no problem for you lucky Pandora owners.

bennyboy said:
App store looks really nice! Only problem is the character limit for email addresses is waaay too short

I know, I'll change it when I get some time. I know the top rated link is wrong too. It's nothing I'm worried about right now, just populating so all the new owners can download some software.

craigix said:
bennyboy said:
App store looks really nice! Only problem is the character limit for email addresses is waaay too short

I know, I'll change it when I get some time. I know the top rated link is wrong too. It's nothing I'm worried about right now, just populating so all the new owners can download some software.

So more is going to pop up?

What about GB( C )?

I cant get the snes emu on there working... is that one of the broken tests skeezix was talking about?

parag0n said:
I cant get the snes emu on there working... is that one of the broken tests skeezix was talking about?

As far as I know it's the real one, I've tried it and it works.

parag0n said:

snes9x4d4p only existed a few days ago, so that'd be the working one

You dropped it into /pandora/desktop or /pandora/menu, right?

(By default, the system is not configured to look in the root of an SD; I configured it so that if you wanted, you could in fact do /pandora/desktop/games and /pandora/desktop/foo/bar/bam if you wanted; so its walking the directory structure inside the points its told to look; if I thus had it looking at the root, it'd walk the entire SD, which could be 165GB and 20,000 files.. slow! (Or worse, a usb mounted hard drive, say, with 1TB of data :) .. hence we default to looking in /pandora/desktop and /pandora/menu, but you can configure it to look wherever you like.)

jeff

1) What roms?
2) you've tried them on other emus, all good? (try copying them off your SD back to your desktop and try them, just to make sure your SD isn't corrupting them)
3) you hitting them as a .zip, or a actual rom-file outside of a .zip?
4) segfault, or just exiting? (check /tmp/pndrunsnes9x4d4p.txt or whatever its called, and see if theres any commentary there.)

I threw about 10 roms at it, no problem; others have as well, seemed ot be very compatible.

jeff

Back