Beta Appstore Testing (Again)

matenrou said:
I posted a comment longer than one row on the fake app and it seems to break the size format used.

It looks ok to me, why do you think it's broken?

Last edited by a moderator:
centus said:
Trevsweb said:
socket said:
So it should be live in about 2 months?

lol love this pointless comment.. ok so we release it tommorrow.. then what? you gonna download the files to your desktop and do nothing with them.... seriously i dont get why that needed to be said...

Lighten up dude! the whole forum is full of such jokes, it's a part of what makes it possible to keep waiting for this amazing, yet very late, device.

memes eventually become annoying lol ;)

got craig to validate the front page yay! triumph for HTML kind!

Trevsweb said:
centus said:
Trevsweb said:
socket said:
So it should be live in about 2 months?

lol love this pointless comment.. ok so we release it tommorrow.. then what? you gonna download the files to your desktop and do nothing with them.... seriously i dont get why that needed to be said...

Lighten up dude! the whole forum is full of such jokes, it's a part of what makes it possible to keep waiting for this amazing, yet very late, device.

memes eventually become annoying lol ;)

got craig to validate the front page yay! triumph for HTML kind!

Sweet on the validation...

Anyway, this meme wouldn't exist if the Pandora came out. It's kind of the point. I mean, yeah, I agree it's annoying, but we're all getting a little sick of the delays. Why am I so stupid? I believe every f*cking date I read. It's frustrating. Anyway, I used to get annoyed when people would make the two months joke, but I've completely switched away from constant OP defense and now just want the damned thing already.

craigix said:
matenrou said:
I posted a comment longer than one row on the fake app and it seems to break the size format used.

It looks ok to me, why do you think it's broken?

All the comments made the page continue down so it would probably not fit the screen of the pandora, but perhaps it doesn't do that on the pandora?

The server move still isn't complete so I've done a load more little fixes and changes. It will launch with a sort of V1.1

Final URL will be apps.open-pandora.org

Just cleaning up after the server move (may still be 24 hours for some of you).

Gruso said:
Cool. I'll give it 24hrs then blog it and invite signups?

There won't be any apps on it then. We're trying to wait until the last minute so things are the latest version. I'll post here when we are ready to fill it (and you will see it happening).

I registered and started poking around (torpor) .. and I noticed that there are still a lot of links in there going off to ipadcontrol.com or something .. perhaps you need to do a global search/replace to the new domain/server?

When I enter my name and password using the remind password and username function of Firefox it didnt change the capital letter in a normal letter and so I couldnt login. I had to manually change the capital letter to a normal letter first. Could the login system just ignore capital letters?

Mithrildor said:
When I enter my name and password using the remind password and username function of Firefox it didnt change the capital letter in a normal letter and so I couldnt login. I had to manually change the capital letter to a normal letter first. Could the login system just ignore capital letters?

Had the same problem. But because I already had a saved password for the capital letter prefaced username, it would automatically adjust to this version no matter what. I had to remove it from my saved passwords and retype.

Also Craig, I still cannot enter my email address, it's too long. Could you increase the length of the field please?

Also, it would be nice for a password recovery page because I regularly forget my passwords.

A password change page would be nice, too.

So, the final name for the store will be OpenAppStore? Does the company with the fruity logo accept this?

I'm looking at it right now. Will do some poking around in a few minutes. First I need to make me some yerba mate. :lol:

EDIT:

Quick verdict

• After registering I get transfered to icontrolpad.com. I suppose this should not be the case.
  • Icon for voting is not very clear to me. I don't get what it's suppose to look like. Ow wait, it's a thumb down emoticon... Rather make two then, and a little clearer so people don't have to guess what they are.
  • Interface is nice and big. Will fit perfectly for the Pandora screen. Also, no cluttering nonsense on the screen. Like a bazillion banners and stuff.
  • Personally I'm not a real fan of the star-rating system, but I'd rather see something like thumbs up and down, or plus and minus. But hey, that's me.
  • "Games > Doom > User Video/Reviews" does not work. Also, shouldn't it be "User Videos/Reviews"?
  • "Request upload rights" has a link that reads "click here", but you can't see the link actively displayed. People will click on it accidentally, like I just did. Also, outsiders will not know who "Ed" is. His name is mentioned after the "request upload rights" link is clicked, in the message that appears.
  • Search works here. So that's cool.
  • Maybe a build-in RSS feed would be nice, so people can track the new things that have been added.

Back