Are Gamepark At E3?

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
I was just wondering, is there any hint of GamePark at E3? Or any of the companies who make games for them? We could really do with some English Translations/New Commercial Games.

Sorry if this question's stupid.

Mikey posted on May 9 2004 at 10:24 PM said:
Would be nice to see. But I can't see it.

[edit] Stop posting and get the next issue of GPM out ;) [/edit]
Lol, good to see people are looking forward to it. Maybe release it tommorow night, about 10:00...or maybe not.

Wait and see:)

Last edited by a moderator:
E3 does very little for small hardware/software developers like Gamepark. They'll doubtless be overshadowed by 'the big boys' and given minimal press coverage as a result. I think they should stay away from E3 and save their money for wiser investments...

Nope, neither Gamepark nor Virginplay will be there, but Gizmondo, Tapwave and even Infinium Labs will. I can't wait to see if Infinium labs actually have something to show.. apparently their site is relaunching tomorrow with stuff that is going to turn cynics into converts. :D

**taps madly on the F5 button**

Whats Infinium Labs doing? Never heard of them. Anyway dissapointing that gamepark wont be there at E3 :( :angry:

Not heard of Infinium Labs??? They're the creators of a console ("The Phantom" - currently an apt name) that will revolutionise entertainment in the living room, or the biggest piece of vapourware since Duke Nukem 4Ever. Depending on who you talk to.

The VP has had shady dealings (allegedly) before, and the whole project looks a little weird, but some solid names have (apparently) signed up to the project (essentially a trimmed down PC with a games oriented user interface). I wish them luck on the project, but taking on Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo in their home turf with only startup capital to back you up is either very brave or pretty stupid.

Edit:
Here's the list of who IS at E3:
http://www.e3expo.com/exhibiting_info/exhi...ales_info/list/

Fatal1ty has a whole booth of his own (presumably for his clothing line rather than just sitting about in :D ).

i'll be at E3 most likely, will get lots of pics (+ post them) of the latest in handheld gaming... watch the bio/special section of my site @1 week from now..

Im one of those Phantom sceptics, i think its Vapourware, they sed Terminator 3 was gonna come out for it, but if it did itll be 2 years old wen/if the consoles coems out

i was lookin through gamespot messageboards for gp32

and im pretty sure gp32 was at e3 once and gamespot totally flamed the idea

Yep just to confirm, Gamepark were not at E3, I didn't see em anywhere. Still would have been a good idea to have an exhibit.. there were many shitty small companies with crappy products that go there and have a display no matter how small. GP32 is kind of hard to market as you can't exactly come out and say "okay this product has 'some' games and can do this and this .. but hey it also supports all this other swag of 'unofficial' stuff.. available for download" .. and 'emulation' is a dirty word at an event such as E3 obviously.

i checked the official list for the guests at e3 and gamepark is not on it
and since they wont be releasing in the us i dobt that they would be going to in anyways

I was at E3, Sadly there was no Gamepark.

I saw the Gizmondo... Not really impressed, not after getting a hands on with the Nintendo DS and the PSP. In fact it was funny that I saw 2 on display and one wasnt even working.

The phantom is just basically a TiVo for PC games... LAME. Even if it ever does see a release expect it to be ignored like the Ngage.

Back