Are There Any Decent Open Source Soccer Games

heh, nao sou brazileiro mas falo Portugese.. meus pais sao missionarios em MG.

Yeah i bet it would sell better in brazil if there were some native soccer games.... hmm im betting that java won't be on the pandora... however it might compile to binaries with gcj but that is kindof a long shot

cb88 said:
hmm im betting that java won't be on the pandora
I don't see why not. There are ARM linux JVMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
mdinire said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
but yeah, we´re used to typing soccer since this is the correct translation to english :p
Term that causes the least confusion; yes, but not exactly the correct translation. I have never heard of a team calling themselves a soccer club. ;)

To add to confusion there are other sports which call themselves football too: Australian Rules Football and Gaelic Football.

Rugby is also technically "Rugby Football". The term football is generally applied to the variant most popular in a given region. And the term "soccer" originated in England (to distinguish the game from "rugger" aka rugby football), so I wish they would stop getting so uppity about people using it.

And over here, they're generally called "teams" rather than "clubs", so "soccer team" is not an unusual phrase to hear.

But again, this is all off topic. Who's up for a game of football? :p

In my opinion, our best hope for the most impressive 3d shooters to come to Pandora would be a port of Cube 2. It seems to be a engine/game that would make full use of the Pandora's abilities.

Jonttu said:
In my opinion, our best hope for the most impressive 3d shooters to come to Pandora would be a port of Cube 2. It seems to be a engine/game that would make full use of the Pandora's abilities.

A Sauer port would be awesome, but there already exists a port of Cube for ARM-based devices with OpenGL ES, on the Axim x50v, which I would think should work on the Pandora with little to no modification (basically just a recompile, changing the controls to take advantage of the analog sticks, nothing major).

Back