Are you going to develop/port for the pandora?

Will you port/make software for the pandora?

• I ordered/will order from the first batch and yes

Votes: 99 62.3%
  • I ordered/will order from the first batch and no

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • I won't order from the first batch, but yes

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • I won't order from the first batch and no

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

I also wouldn't mind rewriting some of my D&D generators. Pandora could be the ultimate DM tool.

likwidoxigen said:
I'll just bring over my kindle book converter (just needs python and bash) so I grab new books on the go without needing my laptop to get them properly converted.
Is this for converting to Kindle or from Kindle format? My boyfriend was interested in buying some of the Kindle books, but has the Sony ebook reader. Googling seems to mostly come back with PDF to Kindle converters.

Yamara said:
likwidoxigen said:
I'll just bring over my kindle book converter (just needs python and bash) so I grab new books on the go without needing my laptop to get them properly converted.
Is this for converting to Kindle or from Kindle format? My boyfriend was interested in buying some of the Kindle books, but has the Sony ebook reader. Googling seems to mostly come back with PDF to Kindle converters.

Check out this post http://igorsk.blogspot.com/2007/12/mobipocket-books-on-kindle.html which should have what you need.

My converter takes text files and makes them .mobi files. It's fairly simplistic, but lets me set the title and author information (which is all i really needed) it also cleans up text files with a carriage return at the end of where the line ended in the book so they wrap better on the screen.

Frogboy said:
I also wouldn't mind rewriting some of my D&D generators. Pandora could be the ultimate DM tool.
Yes please, especially anything that would work for RPG's in general like advanced die rollers and stuff.

I'll try my hand at Python at the least. I won't be getting a Pandora until the second batch, so that gives me plenty of time to learn.

I'm going to move this back to the pandora discussion, because I want those who do not develop to vote as well

Kyosys said:
I'm going to move this back to the pandora discussion, because I want those who do not develop to vote as well

I was wondering why the ratio of Yes/Yes was so high ;) I'm impressed anyway, I really thought that the extra publicity was mostly going to bring in some PSP fanboys, but it looks to have brought in a fair amount of interested developers as well.

-Origin

Currently I'm developing a so called UPnP A/V Control Point open-source application for my Nokia N800 (for controlling my hifi-stereo), but I guess that the gaming knobs (and the hardware keyboard) on the Pandora would make it a much better application on the Pandora, since I could use the gaming knobs for a better & faster way to select albums, the hardware keys for better searching etc. Furthermore a Pandora is much cheaper than the current Nokia ITT, the N810.

But I will not pre-order a Pandora today, since I want to wait for the SDK, so I can see first if it's worth the effort. (I'm not interested in gaming at all.) Furthermore there are too much "I believe" information around (regarding support of GTK+ etc.) at the moment, but I need reliable information before I'll buy a Pandora and start porting my app.

Origin said:
Kyosys said:

I was wondering why the ratio of Yes/Yes was so high ;) I'm impressed anyway, I really thought that the extra publicity was mostly going to bring in some PSP fanboys, but it looks to have brought in a fair amount of interested developers as well.

-Origin
The ratio was the same before it got moved, though.

It was about 1:1 on gp32x, and it was about 2:1 from the start on here. I was surprised myself

What is stupid, is forgeting that I hadn't posted a proper response here.

I can't code (well, not the sort of code we are talking about here), I have very little artistic or musical ability. So at that level I will not be developing.

But paraphrase AireTamStorm, I am up for some Beta testing, feedback, suggestions, especially for apps rather than games.

As the pandora supports WIFI (unless i read wrongly) all i really want is a nice little MMORPG, like DragonRaja, but granted will have to find a open source one or mak one from scratch. =]

so my goals are to simple readup and learn all i can and maybe attempt to make a small basic mmorpg for pandora =]

I missed this one and started another poll that was redundant, thanks TaG for pointing me to this one. I deleted the other one, and I will not dev and be a luser.

Back