[for Those Who Order From The 1st Batch] Will You Develop/port Softwar

Will you order from the first batch and develop/port software for the pandora?

• I will order from the first batch & develop/port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll order from the first batch, but won't develop/port

• I won't order from the first batch

• Total voters

Man, I'm torn!

I was originally very eager to get my grubby paws on one of the first batch, but now I'm getting cold feet.

I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be shipping with nothing but the OS, so it'll be virtually useless to the casual user until Devs make stuff for it, which could be a matter of a few days after release, to several months.

That, coupled with the risk of design flaws (from being first edition and all), are leading me to the conclusion I'd be better off waiting till the next batch (2009 is only a few months away after all). Then the software will be more mature, and more plentiful, and any design flaws will be fixed.

But I'm also afraid that the 2nd batch might be postponed for ages or, god-forbid, never even happen.

What to do? What to do?

hmmm.... I guess I could buy 1st Ed now, and then buy 2nd Ed next year!! I'll have saved up the money for a second unit by mid 2009!
Ahh to hell with it: why not? Pre-order here I come :D

well think about it this way: we've seen a ton of emulators already, and you'll be having all of those at launch, so even if no software gets made for a month you'll still have thousands of titles to play with

Ill use the emulators and come here and complain if they dont work. Does that count as testing?

Back