Are you going to develop/port for the pandora?

Will you port/make software for the pandora?

• I ordered/will order from the first batch and yes

Votes: 99 62.3%
  • I ordered/will order from the first batch and no

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • I won't order from the first batch, but yes

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • I won't order from the first batch and no

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

I'm going to do coding on/for the Pandora (I've somewhat learned OpenGL, know some C++, and some SDL). Whether or not I ever finish/release anything useful is another question.

I plan on at least looking into programming for it since I've got a strong idea for a Kanji learning program I would like to see, and have yet to see something decent implemented for the PSP that addresses this (though Rosetta Shard could eventually get to a usable point for Japanese).

But for the most part I've no strong intention, I have only started to learn Perl a few years ago and haven't found the time since I left highschool to continue learning.

Hmm, I plan on contributing anything I can. I am a computer systems engineer, but my C skills are pretty rusty. I mainly do Java programming now, so if Java ever gets ported (which I may look into) then I might do something there. I also do a lot of Linux system administration and am a master shell script coder (if there is such a thing, lol), so I may be able to help with some lower level Linux things.

I'll probably start with working on getting maemo running on Pandora. I won't do all of it but I have a feeling there's a bunch of people around who also want to work on the same.

I'm not only going to develop for it - I'm going to try my best to make something worth paying for. :)

Me and a couple of friends are right now pitching together ideas little by little, still too early to tell if there'll be a *real* game of it (definitely needs a concept artist for that to work). It's very much idea state at the moment, but give it six months to a year and we might have something to show...

I will develop somenthing, but it depends on what kind of SDK will be there. Developing for the GP2X was a PITA, especially the first year after the release...

Back