Are You Willing To To Take The Next Case Batch Even If Not Perfect?

Willing to accept the case if it works (even with minor visual flaws)?

• Yes

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 120 46.0%

• Total voters

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[X] Polls area a stupid waste of everybody's time

aesir911 said:
i dont know if i find this whole spaz funny or dead on...
I think it's funny, but just because the username is so appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
VRAndy said:

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

then don't post on them or acknowledge them. gosh, not every topic is designed for your satisfaction, just let it go.

I can guarantee that Craig & Co. won't release it until everything is perfect.

The Pandora i have seen would have just been released if it had been developed by say GPH, but it looks like any issues will definitley be ironed out before release.

zazen666 said:
....I can live with it. It is only the first batch anyways...

Yawn, they're getting 10,000 cases made not 4000 so no it's not just the first batch unless they've reduced the order. I want a perfect case btw.

what is perfect in your opinion??
Because if it is true perfection OP team wants to archieve
then we are going to see the 100th case prototype...

mali said:
Perfect is when MWeston says it's good enough :)

I agree. I'm not that picky and MWeston knows what he's doing. I think that if MWeston would find something average, I would find nothing wrong with it.

Nothing but perfection for me.

When I say, "Hey guys looks look at my Pandora. You know that mini games PC thing I told you about*", I want the little bugger to look VERY good and not as if it dropped out of a Christmas cracker.

*- for the last year or so. The one you said would never ever turn up and that I'd been conned and that it was nothing but vapourware.

My only concern is where the line is drawn between 'good enough' and 'not perfect.' I am hoping that this doesn't get into the situation where the case isn't absolutely perfect so it just keeps going back and forth with China forever. I hope that there is some point before that where the team will simply say, 'ok, I think that this is good enough to live with for 10000 units, even though there are some very minor flaws.'

I'm not saying that they should allow a half-assed case to be produced, but simply that perfection is unrealistic, and I hope that they are able to find a point before perfection that they feel is good enough. Otherwise, as ED has pointed out, this could take another 6 months.

nabz32x said:
what is perfect in your opinion??
Because if it is true perfection OP team wants to archieve
then we are going to see the 100th case prototype...
Perfect is what any other case-Factory is able to do in 5 Weeks instead of 5 Months, our Factory needs. ;)
Simpley the "Standard" Quality for Cases I would say, like the WIZ has or even the GP2X. NDS, PSP and so on. Actualy nearly every Device I know. :lol:
So there is no question of accepting a "non perfect" Case, it simply has to be "perfect" in the way such a case can offer. I mean, within 5 Months, even the most stupid chinese Crap-Factory should have learned how to make a Quality product, right (I BET they didn't do this before even if they sayed to the OP team they did ;) )? After many FDM and CNC prototypes they should be able to produce a good hull for the Pandora Hardware. I really don't understand, why they have such massive problems with standard-stuff, the industry usualy does million Times per day around the world for many years.

Butterman said:
No, I've waited this long, a few more weeks won't hurt.

What about months?

I had a dream last night that mine suddenly arrived without warning and I was so excited. The funny part was the pandora was nothing like what it looks like in the pictures, it was huge and almost looked like a PS3 shoved into a (debatebly) portable form.

In my dream I realized that OP must have heard my plee for a dev unit ( a slightly preproduction unit shipped to me just a little in time before the full production ones would ship). I *am* a dev after all, and I don't mind getting one in slightly scruffy condition. Then I realized that since I got a dev unit that I now felt pressure to pump out some software before the production units reached customers :)

Voted no and obviously that's the winning team. For me, though, if the screenprinting is not right in this run and the case is, I'd say ditch the screenprinting and greenlight without it. Not that I expect that to be an option either.

a

aesir911 said:
VRAndy said:

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

then don't post on them or acknowledge them. gosh, not every topic is designed for your satisfaction, just let it go.

Worse, it's s silly, imprecise question that can only be answered emotionally.

Of course the cases will not be perfect. Perfection is not achievable. Even Apple Computer doesn't wait for perfection.

The question of would you "be willing to accept" or "should OP ship" can only be decided on a case by case basis. In what way is it not perfect? Is button travel some fraction of a millimeter off? Does the battery compartment wiggle a little? Does the front-left corner transfer impact force right into the LCD? Do the hinges become loose after fifty thousand open/close cycles? Is the finish not as matte or not as shiny as was imagined? Wrong shade of black? Slight assembly difficulties? Higher than expected chance of pinching the LCD ribbon? Too much left to right wiggle in the lid hinge? Too snug around the USB port? Resonates irritatingly with certain tones from the speakers?

If you ask one of these very specific questions then, and only then, can you meaningfully distill people's opinions into a simple yes/no question.

At least the statistically flawed subset of opinions you'd gather in a forum poll.

The last ones we got were almost there, so unless there is some major fuck up this time then I see no reason why they won't be what we are looking for.

Remember even the very first cases worked, the second ones cleaned up major errors and these ones should remove the final little issues.

I just want them to arrive. I hate the way they take random amounts of time to get to us from mainland China.

craigix said:
I just want them to arrive. I hate the way they take random amounts of time to get to us from mainland China.

I know this air hostess ..

craigix said:

Ooo! We need a betting pool!

Back