Arimail Shipping Is Dangerous?

ahahah

hello

with the airmail shipping is there a track number or an insurance included in the $25?
(i ask this beacause if a bad postman see that the parcel is shipped by the pandora team and is not tracked, he will probably steal it.)

thx

UPS is used for express mail, and yes there is a tracking number. The system that is used is supposed to mail it to you automatically, but some times it doesn't. You can contact the shop where you ordered for the tracking, but it may arrive before they get back to you with that info.

All the above information is based on the fact that someone has received an email saying there unit has shipped out.

Chris

jumpman said:
UPS is used for express mail, and yes there is a tracking number. The system that is used is supposed to mail it to you automatically, but some times it doesn't. You can contact the shop where you ordered for the tracking, but it may arrive before they get back to you with that info.

All the above information is based on the fact that someone has received an email saying there unit has shipped out.

Chris
UPS isn't airmail shipping - it's considerably more expensive than airmail, which doesn't offer any tracking that I'm aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would use UPS. Royal Mail are notoriously slow, and I recall reading something on these boards about them being unreliable. I think the $25 shipping option is unregistered, but I would go UPS anyway, $25 for receiving the Pandora a few days sooner is so worth it :)

Jdbye said:
I would use UPS. Royal Mail are notoriously slow, and I recall reading something on these boards about them being unreliable. I think the $25 shipping option is unregistered, but I would go UPS anyway, $25 for receiving the Pandora a few days sooner is so worth it :)
Those of us having it shipped to the US are probably not going to be receiving "Royal Mail." I don't know if that makes things better or worse. :p

Tom` said:
jumpman said:

Chris
UPS isn't airmail shipping - it's considerably more expensive than airmail, which doesn't offer any tracking that I'm aware of.
Yeah, that's why I said "express mail" has tracking. I don't remember what I paid, but $25 is kinda of high for standard airmail. So I assumed express was what was ment. Standard airmail does not have tracking!

Chris

i'm confused by all your replies

airmail has any tracking or insurance or not?

here are the prices for both choices we had:

Air Mail shipping $25
UPS 24/48 hr shipping $49

i begin to be afraid. if airmail is not secured (in this case why is it so expensive), can i change my shipping and choose the ups...?

an answer from a team member would be also appreciated please

You should contact Jacqelyn or Debs directly if you want to change your shipping options. Remember, there isn't a GBAX rep on these boards now.

If it puts your mind at ease I've had many dozens of things shipped to the underside of the earth from Europe, Asia, and the USA, most of the time without tracking or insurance, and I've never lost a thing.

Just to make it clear:

Standard Airmail does not hve any form of tracking, and can take several weeks if you are outside of the UK.

UPS Express mail does have tracking, and will arrive within 24-48 hrs anywhere in the world(almost anywhere). I'm sorry if I confused anyone, I didn't realise that $25 was for only standard airmail.

If your unit has not been shipped, you can contact your place of purchase and request upgrading your shipping, and then wait for a reply.

Chris

Gruso said:
You should contact Jacqelyn or Debs directly if you want to change your shipping options. Remember, there isn't a GBAX rep on these boards now.

If it puts your mind at ease I've had many dozens of things shipped to the underside of the earth from Europe, Asia, and the USA, most of the time without tracking or insurance, and I've never lost a thing.
is it just me that thinks its ironic that a delivery company is called oops :D (ups)

I actually paid for Airmail and got UPS (I dont think it was that 24/48, but still UPS). But that might have been only for europe or something (or only last summer).
But anyways:
+ I got tracking
- I had to get it at their depot, because I'm not home during office hours - and they _will_ try once before accepting address change (to my work address), and I wouldnt wait an extra day to get my pandora... Still my first experience with UPS was more PITA than what normal tracked mail package would have been (thats what I would have paid more for, but not for UPS) - I can get mail packages from the post office 1km from home (when I want to, and its open 8-20 or something like that). UPS depot is like 30km away etc.

$25 for standard airmail is a bit expensive for what it is, isn't it? (long time to wait, no insurance, no tracking)
is it the official cost?

from when I asked the same questions:
Yes we will be shipped from the UK.

You chose Air mail shipping which is via the Royal Mail then USPS. The tracking information available is that it has left the UK and then confirmation of delivery. UPS shipping is trackable from despatch. To upgrade to UPS the cost is $25. Both packages will have all the required information.

With regard to import tax - sometimes this is charged and other times it is delivered without charge, there appears to be no standard rule.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn
Hi,

Yes both Air Mail and UPS are fully insured, but UPS is also fully trackable from despatch until delivery.

Thanks
Jacquelyn

[edit] I should clarify that I emailed GBAX and this was their emails back and that I'm very happy that I upgraded the shipping, got it 3 days after it shipped with no problems :)

ahahah said:
if a bad postman see that the parcel is shipped by the pandora team and is not tracked, he will probably steal it

? There are plenty valid reason to ask about shipping and insurance, but concern that your postman is going recognise the name Open Pandora Ltd is prety low on that list!

pleng indeed you're right.
in fact to be more exact i should say that in france i have heard and read in some forums a lot of evidences of stealings in some sorting centers (no need to know who is the sender). people open parcels and see if what inside is interesting for them or not.
for example a friend of mine never received a watch he had bought and nobody can proove anything... they just say him "it is lost".

ahahah said:
pleng indeed you're right.
in fact to be more exact i should say that in france i have heard and read in some forums a lot of evidences of stealings in some sorting centers (no need to know who is the sender). people open parcels and see if what inside is interesting for them or not.
for example a friend of mine never received a watch he had bought and nobody can proove anything... they just say him "it is lost".

this is true. it happens all over the world, not just in France. Things go missing in England from time to time. Not to mention items being sent from a certain Island in Thailand...

chris_c said:
Gruso said:

is it just me that thinks its ironic that a delivery company is called oops :D (ups)

Read. I hope this clears things up for you.

Back