Arrrggh!!

OmarNawaz

i just opened up my gp32 so that i can spray the grey bits white but i ran out of paint halfway and had to run to shop and back to get some more.

When i finally got it looking good i left it to dry in the conservatory with the windows open, i came back to find specs of grass everywhere from the next door cutting his grass. :angry:

Now i have to sand it all down and start again but i can get the paint out of the impressions so i am scared they will fill up when i respray.

So has anyone got the gray bits from gp32 case that they are willing to sell?

If not i guess i'll have to bodge it, but i really wanted a proffesional finish :blink:

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 24 2004 at 03:53 PM said:
.... left it to die in the conservatory with the windows open
I should report you to gp32 protection services, you cruel, cruel man.

EDIT: Other than that no, I don't have any to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tired using a pin and slowly picking out the paint from the indented bits?

cos that should work......to some extent

another idea may be to try soaking them in really hot water, if its not properly dry it may be able to get it lift off.

I had a similar problem, I sprayed the bezel (front bit) of a DVD-ROM drive with silver paint. It dried out badly, so I decided to take it off. What I did was:

1. get a sandwidge bag (one of those transparent little plastic bags)

2. empty in a few of the wife's bottles of nail-varnish remover.

3. drop in the plastic thing.

4. tie the bag closed.

5. massage the bag, to squish the nail-varnish remover all around the plastic.

6. take out the plastic thing and wash it under a tap.

It worked!! Can't guarantee it'll work well for you, but it might be worth a try.

Get some paint thinner and mix it with a lot of water, if it doesn't eat the old paint off, just add a bit more thinner. However, if you put too much thinner, it might eat the plastic so try to see if there is some kind of plastic safe paint thinner that exists :p

animaal posted on Jul 24 2004 at 04:57 PM said:
I had a similar problem, I sprayed the bezel (front bit) of a DVD-ROM drive with silver paint. It dried out badly, so I decided to take it off. What I did was:

1. get a sandwidge bag (one of those transparent little plastic bags)

2. empty in a few of the wife's bottles of nail-varnish remover.

3. drop in the plastic thing.

4. tie the bag closed.

5. massage the bag, to squish the nail-varnish remover all around the plastic.

6. take out the plastic thing and wash it under a tap.

It worked!! Can't guarantee it'll work well for you, but it might be worth a try.
DONT USE NAILVARNISH REMOVER! It melts certain types of plastic. My mum put a piece of cotton wool with nailvarnish remover on top of my TV remote so she didnt mark her table... suffice to say my remote now has a hole in it :angry: arent mums great!

i tried using white spirit and let it soak for a while it didn't have much effect then i read the bloody, SUITABLE FOR RADIATORS which funnily enoguh get quite hot so doubt i will be able to remove al the paint.

I should report you to gp32 protection services, you cruel, cruel man.

That reminds me i have a gp32 with a broken screen floating around my house...must find. :ph34r:

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 24 2004 at 07:19 PM said:
That reminds me i have a gp32 with a broken screen floating around my house...must find. :ph34r:
Yeah whatever happened to that?!

Mark

foft posted on Jul 24 2004 at 08:06 PM said:
Yeah whatever happened to that?!

Mark
:huh: i was waiting for you to recieve the cheque when nothing happened i thought the deal was off, plus i have been reallly busy :p

i have got paypal account now if you haven't got rid of them yet

y not make a textured GP32... like Cover it in PVA Glue and put it in a bag of grass, let the glue dry and then proon it :p hehe

Depending on the kind of paint used, there are several chemical methods to strip it...

1. Acetone, can damage plastic, but if done right can be applied to high-detail miniature figures without problem. However it takes a little practice - I stripped at least 50 minis, how about you? ;) Soak/apply for about 15 to 30 seconds.
2. Brake Fluid, let it soak for a day and try to rub it off. Use gloves, it irritates the skin rather badly. Soke for a day or two.
3. Dettol, is said to work like a charm. Gloves. Soak for.... no idea.
4. Pine-Sol. I have no idea about it really as I can't get it in Germany, but the pine oil extract is supposed to work in a more mild way so that gloves are not required. Soak for a day to a week.
5. Urine. I have no idea if this is an urban legend, but I certainly never tried it ;)
6. Special paint remover fluid, there are several stripping detergents available but those cost some nice money.

i have already completed the bodged job the side and the grey screen surround is O.K ;) but i couldn't save the buttons at all i can't see which is A or B :(

hope to get my hands on some new buttons though :blink:

i have seen the volt mod but need someone to do it for me,

is console fix trustworthy?

BTW my gp32 is one piece again and everything seems to be working :D all the buttons are responsive and work great .

y not make a textured GP32...

that gave me an idea because the paint was quite thick it had that tacky sticky feel to it, so when it was was semi dry i used a piece of cotton and pressed it into the paint so the weave of the fabric was imprinted in.

Came out quite good, well not how i would like it but none the less it is satisfactory i suppose.

Plan to get some pics up soon. :blink:

Also if you or anyone else happens to have the casing for a gp32 would you sell it? Mine is knicked a bit and it drives me crazy every time I look at it.

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 25 2004 at 02:16 PM said:
i have seen the volt mod but need someone to do it for me,

is console fix trustworthy?

BTW my gp32 is one piece again and everything seems to be working :D all the buttons are responsive and work great .

y not make a textured GP32...

that gave me an idea because the paint was quite thick it had that tacky sticky feel to it, so when it was was semi dry i used a piece of cotton and pressed it into the paint so the weave of the fabric was imprinted in.

Came out quite good, well not how i would like it but none the less it is satisfactory i suppose.

Plan to get some pics up soon. :blink:
Console fix was excellent for me. I did a review of the service here.

Back