Release Arx Libertatis - Arx Fatalis port

Try a Driver one or two over the standard Driver in the List,should work fine then.

Maybe i make this Evening a newer Video.

:)

ptitseb i looked at this source at one time and if I remember there were shaders being used for effects. Im curious did you disable/remove these and just convert the basic GL code?

ptitseb i looked at this source at one time and if I remember there were shaders being used for effects. Im curious did you disable/remove these and just convert the basic GL code?
The shaders are optionnal, and only vertex shader are really used, to avoid some intermediary calculation and use vertex buffer (comming from DirectX, you have a x, y,z, rhw quad, you have to take w=1/rhw, and do x*=w; y*=w and z*=w before drawing the triangles). So I used the non-shader version, but no effects where removed in the process.

The shaders are optionnal, and only vertex shader are really used, to avoid some intermediary calculation and use vertex buffer (comming from DirectX, you have a x, y,z, rhw quad, you have to take w=1/rhw, and do x*=w; y*=w and z*=w before drawing the triangles). So I used the non-shader version, but no effects where removed in the process.
understood, thought they were doing more than that, but i didnt spend much time in it.. Are you using the GL lib for this?

understood, thought they were doing more than that, but i didnt spend much time in it.. Are you using the GL lib for this?
No, I converted to GLES, it want's multitexture and libGL doesn't like much multitexture. (I have the sources on github, I forgot to add the link in first page, will do it now).

I didn't think it played that bad without overclocking needing a swap file.

Nice video. So figured out how magic works ;)

Also, at the beggining, before going down, free the guy (there is lever on the ground near the door), he will help you at the end with the tough guy.

I didn't think it played that bad without overclocking needing a swap file.
I don't understand what you mean.

Anyway, Swapfile or Overclock (for a Gigahertz model) is not mandatory to play.

I don't understand what you mean. Anyway, Swapfile or Overclock (for a Gigahertz model) is not mandatory to play.
This is what I was referring to, Ingoreis states that he's overclocking and using a swap file.

Recorded on a 1 GHZ Pandora with 1200MHZ and Swap file and Sysspeed 450 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a GHz Pandora?

Try other graphicsdrivers.
It was on a ghz unit.

I've tried installing different drivers but everytime I do I get a "graphics initialization failed" error and I have to reinstall the default driver.
You should update your Firmawre before, I suspect you are running an old version.
Nope V1.55

I'll try ingoreis' suggestion about the drivers, I was trying the newer drivers towards the bottom of the list.

It was on a ghz unit.

I've tried installing different drivers but everytime I do I get a "graphics initialization failed" error and I have to reinstall the default driver.
You should update your Firmawre before, I suspect you are running an old version.
Nope V1.55

I'll try ingoreis' suggestion about the drivers, I was trying the newer drivers towards the bottom of the list.
Yes, use 4.03.002, it's your best bet.

Does it really just need multitexturing to work with libGL? Implementing that probably just means tracking glActiveTexture calls.

It was on a ghz unit.

Nope V1.55

Yes, use 4.03.002, it's your best bet.
Yup, that did the trick......... Thanks for the help guys!

Do the "GoG" - Files of Arx Fatalis work with this ?

Anyone tried that yet ? =D

EDIT : *ah figured it out now... it works ; )*

It's sad, that GoG does not release multilanguage versions of Arx Fatalis, Deus Ex, Outcast, etc.. after so many years,

I am the more happy to still have my old DRM-free Arx Fatalis-GamestarDVD.

Back