Asus Nexus 7 - Google Jelly Bean

Thanks. Now... sort order?

Considering that google is all about search & organising data it's pretty amazing how difficult it is to find & order the stuff you want on the Play store. Huge credit to milkshake that the Pandora repo is a far superior to the Play store for this sort of thing. :)

Finally found a half decent file manager : solid explorer
Zen pinball is my favourite game at the moment, controls are brill unit does get a bit hot playing this game tho

I'm a big pinball fan & Zen Pinball is definitely one of the better ones, apparently it only has 3 tables at the moment.. hopefully it will get more soon even if they are the same ones from the PS3/360 versions.
No its got around 7 tables and there dirt cheap to buy compared to xbox live and psn

Got my 16GB this morning & it's fantastic.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the charging.. mine wont charge with the bundled Asus wall plug/cable & the USB charging is painfully slooooww.. after some frantic rummaging I've found that my Xperia Pro charger works fine.

After a bit of Googling this seems to be particularly common, it also appears to be equally as fussy with the OTG cables.

Anyone else.

Oh & Caz only 4 tables are available to buy at the moment..

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the charging.. mine wont charge with the bundled Asus wall plug/cable & the USB charging is painfully slooooww.. after some frantic rummaging I've found that my Xperia Pro charger works fine.

After a bit of Googling this seems to be particularly common, it also appears to be equally as fussy with the OTG cables.

Anyone else.

Strange they had seven 2 weeks ago must have been a glitch seven tables were available not long ago even if you play the free table its still easily the best pinball experience on any system

Anyone else.

Strange they had seven 2 weeks ago must have been a glitch seven tables were available not long ago even if you play the free table its still easily the best pinball experience on any system also unlock and root with the nexus root toolkit 1.5.2 all gui driven and safe then install stickymount to connect pendrives and flash cards via otg.Just beware cyanogenmod just now dont install very unstable and can brick your tablet.

I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid.. but how the hell do you start Dead Trigger..? (It's free at the moment) I click on Main Quest & it brings up a character screen, but where's the option to start the game..?

Thanks.

Usually you click on main quest it flicks up another screen saying run for your life and then it loads up the start of the game

Usually you click on main quest it flicks up another screen saying run for your life and then it loads up the start of the game

Yeah I've seen that screen on some Youtube videos, but it just brings up a kind of character equip screen for me.. If I click on anything it just backs out of the menu & clicking in the other equip/shop icons has the same results.

I'm getting a bit fed up now if I can't solve it soon it's getting uninstalled.

That game is buggy, sometimes it starts up strangely for me and it won't behave until I close it and start again (that is, force closing it from the running applications list).

An interesting development for Nexus 7 owners who like a bit of Linux on the side :

Multiboot with Ubuntu

Not tried this myself but it looks pretty simple to set up, it allows you to select at boot whether to boot into Android or Ubuntu. You can also select from multiple Android roms.

Interesting to note that the Nexus 7 is going to 'serve as a developer reference platform' for Ubuntu.

Should work rather nicely with the ICP2 :)

Epic Citadel is now available on Android

Looks beautiful & runs great (58.9FPS/High Detail) on my N7

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0phPgXeRm78?feature=oembed

Highly doubt we'll be seeing any UE3 engine games on the play store anytime soon, but it's a start I guess.

Out of interest.. anyone know if there are any other games on ios that use this tech other than the Infinity Blades's..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 40FPS on my S3 @1800mhz...
I hate that Phone more and more each day!
Spec's looking good but that Phone is a piece of Plastic Crap;)

I'll be forty this year, and the mrs has said I can have anything I want - most of the family are going "iPad! iPad!" but that's not really me. The upcoming N7 refresh looks to be right up my street - but if there's a 10" version out by October, I might have that instead as I really want to use it to read my pirated comic books :)

D.

OT

What comic books?

I'm picking up the nice new Marshal Law: Deluxe Edition at end of the month - signed :)

marshallawweb.jpg

Not picked up or even spent any quality time reading anything for a while but I have to get this.

Which books?

Well, I scanned my (complete!) collection of Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers/Fat Freddy's Comics&Stories/Fat Freddy's Cat comics, so they'll be on immediately. I also have a complete collection of Judge Dredd, various Aliens comics, Asterix, Watchmen, The Walking Dead, Star Wars (1977 collection) and other stuff.

The screen on my laptop is ok, I suppose, but not high enough resolution (1366x768) - if the new N7 really has a high-density display, it'll be a no-brainer. The only thing I do worry about is that the N7 doesn't have expandable storage.

D.

Complete collections... very nice!

Yeah the lack of expandable storage that's trending these days annoys me a bit. I'm wanting the HTC One phone but bit put off that it also doesn't offer expansion.

32GB is not enough, I might be forced to use some cloud storage or just get next model. Don't know why they do it

Fortunately they run Android and as I'll likely get the Wifi only version I'll be able to use my network drives... but not the same as having masses of storage such as I'm used to on the Pandora.

D.

the nexus philosophy is if you have removable storage then your device is not really secure. Just like any PC, without access to removeable media you would be hard pressed to break into a truly secure computer.

[tangent]

if you had a pc with a bios that was password protected, wrote the settings to a NAND so removing the CMOS didn't reset the bios. Had the boot order to only boot to HDD. You also physically locked the computer case or soldered/epoxied the HDD to the motherboard. Given a setup like that I would challenge someone to break into a computer with a decent enough OS security.

[/tangent]

While this is true... another argument is that it's just another way to overcharge a physical storage premium.

I don't know which to believe, the later seems more convincing. The prior just seems limiting.

Back