Auto-load first unread post?

FaeMinx

Rainbow Liberation Instigation
Hi there.

Am I missing something here?
When I open a thread I've been reading... it opens to the opening post... and there is no button to jump to first unread post like there use to be???

How are you guys navigating the boards?

firstnew.png

In desktop mode, I can either click on the last page listed, or more directly, click on the 'x minutes ago' under the last poster's username, which will take you directly to that post on the final page.  In tablet and mobile scale, that reduces to 'x min' under the last user's avatar, but you can still click on it for the same effect.

If there've been multiple posts since I last checked a thread then I'll need to scroll up to see all the new posts, and if it spans a page boundary, I'll need to click back a page to see those.  I wasn't aware there was any way to jump directly to the oldest unseen post under the old boards - I've been using these ways of reading threads since I signed up here.

As pocak's screenshot shows, it is the small icon to the left of the thread title. But since it is done in a special way (content style in an otherwise empty anchor) the icon might not show or might not be clickable depending on your browser.

As pocak's screenshot shows, it is the small icon to the left of the thread title. But since it is done in a special way (content style in an otherwise empty anchor) the icon might not show or might not be clickable depending on your browser.

Ah, very neat.  I didn't perceive the meaning in his image when I saw it, and had not realised that icon was also a link on various thread list pages (including the new content page).  Perfect!

I thought I mentioned that somewhere as well while I was messing around and trying to figure things out.  Should we have a FAQ or mini guide for using the boards?  It might become outdated when we get the next update.
Well, the feature wasn't self explanatory at first glance.
An FAQ is a good idea, but a waste of energy until the update anyway, as you say. :)

Back