Fzero

Advanced Member
Nothing about blue people ... apart from Blue Protoman, his input is welcomed.

I'm starting this off after seeing Commander-beef's avatar, I noticed it a little while back and wondered what it was exactly, looks 8-bit and a bit like a health-pack ...?

Wanted to ask what it was - thought I might as well make available a place for all to explain their chosen avatar.

To start off, mine is probably obvious to most retro gamers.

I just made it from images of 3 of the main characters in the game, and [tried] to make it look like they're puppets on a string...

From the great STRIDER games.

Grandmaster Meio, and on the strings Strider Hiryu and the bounty hunter Solo.

Anyone else care to explain theirs, why they chose it, where its from etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
My current avatar is Synbios from Shining Force III for the Sega Saturn. As for why? I'm currently playing the Fan translation to English for all three of the original Japanese releases, and well. That's about it.

A friend in upper secondary school used to draw happeh clouds, so I asked him to make to make a digital drawing of one when I got tired of my old avatar.

Robot Roll Call!

For those that don't know, google will figure it out.

Also, Commander-Beef's avatar is clearly an 8-bit piece of meat.. perhaps even beef..

Mine is actually just a relic from a silly endeavor of mine a few years back. Just a logo for something I was doing that someone drew up on the Game Maker community. I use it for my avatar on Twitter (and consequently here, since I joined via Twitter) now because it looks cool.

Ah Kuru I hadn't even thought of that ... seems obvious now you mention it.

Now what game has beef?

It's all about the "chicken" in Final Fight :)

Now what game has beef?

Goes back to his former name 'Streak' being mis-typed 'Steak' I believe, before people start scratching their heads trying to wonder where they last saw beef in a game ;)

Mine - Lummox from Ren & Stimpy. One or two other R&S avatars hereabouts...

Edit: Rogue apostrophe notification now redundant ;)

Ah OK I like that transition of name. Cheers for info on my bad grammar Asmo, I'll correct that now, I didn't know the term "grocer's apostrophe" either, I just had to check it.

R&S influences me pretty much every week... if someone states they're off for a wizz, the first thing that pops into my head is "don't wizz on the fence". I didn't recognise the avatar though, not seen enough R&S obviously

A young kid playing space invaders, could have been me.

I'm now a fan of Simon's Cat... not seen that until now and just watched a few of the films, I like.

Added to favs - nice one I8NY

sony-make-believe.jpg

Mines' fairly obvious:

I keep my life details off the web, I like wearing strange hats

see member title :)

I think that Command Beef looks like the MineCraft Beef steaks, but anyway...

My avatar is a tall green sleeping giraffe... hence my username, I also have a large tattoo of it minus the lettering on my leg, you should see the looks I get...

Back