Trip, I could tell your monkey was a Hewlett piece, I like his stuff too, used to read Tankgirl in the 90s. Hadn't clocked the Ubuntu logo though, now you point it out I can just about see the shape
I never knew about Tank Girl until the film came out but loved the art work that they incorporated into it. I only became aware of Hewletts work from the Gorillaz stuff and got into it from there :)

The tat's a bit too faded and small to be seen on the Avatar but shows up fine on the wallpaper I made.

Like the Strider pic btw. That's a top game and one of the first things I'll be playing through once I get my Pandy :D

Just stick with one and be happy. :)

Easier said than done, but I have narrowed it down to 3 choices and there's still 10 days to go till I can change my display name, so that should be enough time for me to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Trip, don;t know if you've checked any of the Tank Girl comics since finding out he done those too, if you appreciate the artwork I would definitely recommend trying to pick up a couple from ebay on the cheap or something.

Issue 3 of 4, July '91

and

April 2003

...as shown by their cover art on this page: http://www.tankgirl.info/tankgirl/strips/coversTG.html

are a couple of my old favs.

So classic the imagery remains in my head years after I put it down last.

As a fan of his work you'll almost certainly enjoy them, they're highly entertaining too, if you into comics at all.

Deadline magazine I used to collect too, another featuring Tank Girl.

I guess you probably see his train from 2007, was sick, I wanted to see it for myself live but missed out on that one, was a bit gutted: http://www.coolhunting.com/culture/virgin-gorillaz.php

My avatar story isn't as interesting as some of yours. :p

I almost always have an avatar of Prometheus - a Reploid from the Mega Man ZX series, who is my namesake. He's named after one of Saturn's moons, which in turn is named after the figure from Greek mythology. His sister, Pandora, is also named in the same way. They are very rarely referred to singly, so they're almost always referenced as "Prometheus & Pandora", which is what made me go for the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back