awful news - FLU out of stock till next year

NeoAP posted on Aug 26 2003 said:
Oh, I really hope you get yours! I think this is really, really shitty by Gamepark. This they have to make up!  <_<
It sounds like it was more like a goof-up by Hahotech, the makers of the FLU kit for Gamepark.

Last edited by a moderator:
subrama6 posted on Aug 26 2003 said:
here's the email i got from liksang today:

> Sorry to let you know that your order has been changed to "back-order"
> because our initial stock of "GP32 Game System with front light built-in"
> has been sold out. We have contacted the manufacturer, new shipment is
> expected to be back early September. Your order will be sent as soon as
> stock arrives.
>
> If you would like to make any changes, just feel free to get back to us
> again, we will do it for you.
>
> We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

---

i replied inquiring about what's going to happen to my order, because if it's on indefinite backorder, i'm not sure what i'm going to do about it... probably cancel it
I'd cancel it then order ASAP from GBAx.com cuz they're supposed to have stock until about Sept. 10 I really don't think that liksang will get more FLUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll wait one day to see what lik-sang's response is. if it looks like it's not going to work out for me, then i'll definitely cancel the order. i'm pretty set on an flu, so i guess i'll go discount shop or gbax at that point.

got this back from lik sang

-------
Don't worry, I have checked with our purchasing department, new stock is
still expected to be back early next month. You will be able to receive the
shipment a while later. In case there is any change, we will let you know
and post the information from our website.

For any further question or concern, please don't hesitate and feel free to
contact us again. Thank you.
-------

so it sounds like i'm still okay

We have them in stock with no shortages now (just secured a large amount, the last from hahotech) and won't be putting up the prices or anything like that, will still be with you in 24 hours (uk) and 48 hours (worldwide).

-Craig

www.gbax.com

This is really bad news if there will not be a FLU for the European launch... The one thing that made me buy the GP32 was the FLU, if it hadn't had one I wouldn't have bought it...

the Gamboy Advance without the light is a joke...

i got an email from lik sang on friday saying mine shipped. from the tracking information, it looks like i should be getting it today or tomorrow... feeling very lucky that i went ahead and ordered before this became an issue.

got mine. love it. the only comment i have about mine is that the control seems the slightest bit loose. can't tell if it's my machine or not, but in games that require a good deal of finesse (contra for the nes...etc), i seem to mess up more than normal... other than that, it's great

Same here subrama, it was ordered a few days ago and is predicted to arrive in a couple of days, looks like the order came just as they were restocked B)

Back