Banners for the Pandora Rebirth comp. (WIP thread)

Upload them to an external server (e.g. imageshack or the like)

prc.png

Mines better cos its all cursive and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
PRC_5-.png

Unfortunately, thats not as clean as quartercast's original as I had to treat all the text as simple graphics (I don't have the fonts etc)

Do we have tomorrow(15) as a deadline for the poster/banner?

...had a couple busy days, but tomorrow is free and should finish the image before the end of the day.

Maybe the color is too much? or the smoke dosen´t show enough? or too dark?

Tried to do subtle title since it is a splash.

Am not really sure the sensation of "flying" is actually there, but my eyes are tired.

will see tomorrow

SAIDA 01.png

slaeshjag, I was wondering, I can have the gfx on this image separeted like background, tank, smoke. PNG with alpha.

Suppose the background is a little bigger then 800x480 and so is the smoke layer.

The tank could be moving diagonally up left while the background diagonally down right, very slow movement, about 5seconds, including fade in and out of half a second maybe.

The smoke layer moves diagonally too but faster a little, it´s like transparent Add so it may end up different then the illustration I sent last. It´s like ´screen´ on photoshop.

Of course it depends if people actually liked the image or think it´s worth the trouble animating, or if better to keep a standard still.

I think it's amazing, good job Erico!

If anything, I think you should add the OpenPandora logo somewhere, maybe on the screen.

slaeshjag, I was wondering, I can have the gfx on this image separeted like background, tank, smoke. PNG with alpha.

Suppose the background is a little bigger then 800x480 and so is the smoke layer.

The tank could be moving diagonally up left while the background diagonally down right, very slow movement, about 5seconds, including fade in and out of half a second maybe.

The smoke layer moves diagonally too but faster a little, it´s like transparent Add so it may end up different then the illustration I sent last. It´s like ´screen´ on photoshop.

Of course it depends if people actually liked the image or think it´s worth the trouble animating, or if better to keep a standard still.

Before I can even start on that, I'll need the layers separate.

Also, I think 5 seconds is a bit long, so If I make anything of it, I'll implement a argument to the animation function to abort and fade out, so it's skippable with a button press etc.

Worth noting is that at least the initial code will only support using GLES.

Awesome work guys, all those banners look really professionally done.

Before I can even start on that, I'll need the layers separate.

Also, I think 5 seconds is a bit long, so If I make anything of it, I'll implement a argument to the animation function to abort and fade out, so it's skippable with a button press etc.

Yep layers are fine and can be sent as a psd or separete png32 files.

5 seconds was a wild guess, but maybe needed to read the title? The movements too. If time allows I will try after effect a test.

Sure everything skippable,

nothing pisses me of more then those eternal unskippable splash screens on psp games or gba games.

But the worse of all must be the unskipabble intro stories some rpg have, gasp.

I will try today, to make it more like it is flying and also fix the lower part of the tank, should submit something final later up, and also the required files for animation or if someone else wan´t to play with it.

Will try a banner form too, but I suck on texts and wish someone capable could give a try, quartercast?

Here a final splash,

tried the logo on screen on photoshop but it didn´t work, would have to re-render scene with proper bumpmap.

So, placed it cheaply on the side of the pandora text. :rolleyes:

I think it´s done, is it missing anything as a splash?

will try a banner soon.

SAIDA 02.jpg

Here goes a banner, but like I said before, My text sucks.

Tried to use quartercast´s great logo ant text into it, but it dosen´t look right at all.

I´m also uploading a CLEAN version in .PNG so maybe somepeople could try text that out?

Quartercast, would you have time/willing to help that typo part? pretty please? :rolleyes:

BANNER test.jpg

BANNER clean.png

With the first of those, I suggest putting the text on the left in solid white/blue, instead of semi-transparent redish

Here goes an animation, in AVI XviD,mp3.

half second black, 5 seconds animation, half second black.

There is a test audio too, from a little part of Julien Thomas - []http://AmigaRemix.com/] Shadow of the Beast - Instinct

It´s just a test, so if anyone could like a different sound, fell free to do it, I´m definently sure there are better, possibly a machinery sound instead or maybe silence.

Also, there is a "simplified" PSD with the layers of the illustration, fell free to try it out or make another animation or change position/color etc.

There is a more complex PSD with tons of layers, let me know if you should need it.

I have to credit one more guy, he is Clean3d from the gp32x.de forums as I used his fan-made pandora model as base to do retopology on the carbonite part.

Let me know what you guys think.

SPLASH layers.zip

SPLASH.zip

Attachments

• SPLASH layers.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 218
  • SPLASH.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 231
Hehe erico its dangerous to ask for my input, I might do something you don't expect!! I really like your image and I didn't want to plaster text all over it, I thought maybe just the logo and a bit of red gradient to help it blend in? I think it's quite an eye-catching image, people who're interested will click through and get the info they need :)

rebirth10banner.jpg

rebirth11banner.jpg

There we go, I didn't want to add too many new colours either, I think the main focus should be your rendering :)

Cheers

thanks for the logo, the red one is great,fell free to do whatever you may with the images, they are open hehe.

what do you think of the movie? ( SPLASH.zip)

Back