Batch 2 Release Date

All right! I started a topic which provoked ED to give out reliable info about the release date! Yes!
I wouldn't rely on that. It's still a guesstimation if nothing goes wrong.
If the case takes longer to fix, it will be later. I don't hope it will take longer, but it might still be the case.

Last edited:
There is a quote somewhere in the forum that states that once the molds are ready, the firm can produce 5000 cases in a day.
Why do most people assume that the case makers will start producing the cases instantly ?
They do have production schedules and existing orders to fulfill !
Its not like they are sitting around waiting just for the Pandora Order.

And also, as with most factories they will probably need a deposit payment or contracts sorted before they even start production of anything.
These things take time, and so does sending things back and forth for confirmation and verification from the various factories.

I'd take any information provided with a pinch of salt, and just wait until we get a confirmation from the OP team that the item is ready for shipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can easily produce 5000 units a day - but not from one mould :)

So those 5000 a day wouldn't only be Pandora cases, that would be many more other cases (unless we create more than one mould).

I don't know how many PANDORA cases can be made on one day (yep, back at that day I also thought it could be any case which they can create 5000 of per day, but that can't technically work), but it should be fast enough to NOT cause much delay.

After all, they KNOW when moulding starts that afterwards the cases are needed, so they can put that on schedule.

expect late Aug to mid September as being the date the FCC testing takes place, and the first completed units being shipped
Since they don't have a US distributer they will be shipping US-bound units from the UK... and do not, they say, need to do FCC testing. FCC testing will apparently only be needed when they have a distributor on US soil.

Maybe I'll hop on with batch 1 if there are any left.
Excellent plan!

I could tell my parents Craig is an unaffiliated tester and show them the his videos.
Rubbish plan! Honesty first, it's the best way. If the pure morality of being honest doesn't appeal, then consider this - whatever happens, if the worst comes to the worst, you can't get "caught out in the truth". The same cannot be said of a lie ;) If and asteroid enters the atmosphere and splits up, with one chunk taking out craig another hitting ED a third wiping out MWeston, 4th Faith... and so on, then you can't get in trouble for lying about Pandora if you didn't :D

Thanks ED for eliminating that source-inspired myth. The world spins not on facts, but on how they are interpreted - so all clarification is good :D

After all, they KNOW when moulding starts that afterwards the cases are needed, so they can put that on schedule.
Hmmm - I dunno. Might they assume that any test mould coukd be followed by more tests and NOT pre-book the time rather than constantly risk having gaps in their schedule when cases turn out not to be the final design? I'm not sure how the scheduling works at your case factory but I'd be reluctant to assume they can go forward immediately :(

Ta

Hey ED you said in your update last week that you were trying to finish the case tweaks and pass it off to the case mass production company sometime this week. I was just curios to know if it was sent or if needed more time. It seems to me that the cases are the biggest bottle neck. Any news would be greatly appreciated.

I could tell my parents Craig is an unaffiliated tester and show them the his videos.
Rubbish plan! Honesty first, it's the best way. If the pure morality of being honest doesn't appeal, then consider this - whatever happens, if the worst comes to the worst, you can't get "caught out in the truth". The same cannot be said of a lie ;"] If and asteroid enters the atmosphere and splits up, with one chunk taking out craig another hitting ED a third wiping out MWeston, 4th Faith... and so on, then you can't get in trouble for lying about Pandora if you didn't :D
[...]
Ta[/quote]Yeah, don't lie to your parents! Just tell them that if you didn't get a Pandora it was because the team making it was squated by an asteroid. :)

Hey ED you said in your update last week that you were trying to finish the case tweaks and pass it off to the case mass production company sometime this week. I was just curios to know if it was sent or if needed more time. It seems to me that the cases are the biggest bottle neck. Any news would be greatly appreciated.
Not me - DaveC and MWeston are working on that :)
I don't know the current status, it's really rare seeing Michael online in MSN lately (I guess he's very busy) :)

Last edited:
All right! I started a topic which provoked ED to give out reliable info about the release date! Yes!
I wouldn't rely on that. It's still a guesstimation if nothing goes wrong.
If the case takes longer to fix, it will be later. I don't hope it will take longer, but it might still be the case.
Well more reliable than that guy who always says "Another Two Months"

(I kid, craig. You're cool.)

For the hinge I can see it taking some time, but if DaveC doesn't have much time to work on the d-pad, I would hope eventually you guys set a deadline for that.

Back