Batch 2 Release Date

That's a bit late. If the case works out fine, we're definately talking about August :"] [/quote]
Doh!

Thanks for everything else I've read you post in the last day or two - but seriously, you couldn't avoid giving a month? What now if some unforseen event prevents you from shipping before September 1st? We'll have to start calling you Craig!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
But who knows what kind of bias this poll had? Both of the "possible" scenarios above seem equally likely. Or, at least equally unlikely.
I think that's most of my point, right there. There are extremes in both directions and it seems quite possible, maybe even probable, that they are weighted evenly. I would suggest moving to PM if you wish to continue in this vein. I know I don't. I think they were fine and dandy to look at the data and add it to their own thoughts as to which direction to take - especailly since that lead them to conclude that a superior product is better than shipping sooner.

[/SIZE]

I propose that there is no way that those numbers are right. Because this is an anonymous poll on an Internet forum. PEOPLE BULLSHIT.

I just wanted to spell this out. Nobody should use that poll to seriously judge the health of the OpenPandora project.

I would suggest moving to PM if you wish to continue in this vein. I know I don't.

Fascinating. Not only did you reply when you did not want to reply, you also replied in public when you while suggesting that the conversation should be private.
What now if some unforseen event prevents you from shipping before September 1st?

As long as we know about the delay as soon as they know about the delay then I'll be, well, if not happy, at least not angry.

I could barely sleep anymore, but still had to work about 16 - 18 hours a day. For the Pandora and for making a living.
I can imagine it's the same or even worse for craig. It's REALLY hard - so please bear with us and keep that in mind. The more pressure you got, the more easily you do post some stupid stuff that should've never been posted.

I hope you do believe me that we're working as good as we can to bring the Pandora as soon to you as we can. Without any flaws.

Thanks for everything.
So that's what being an entrepreneur is like...

copper031jumpstationweb.gif

Leap safely, ED. :ph34r:

Fascinating. Not only did you reply when you did not want to reply, you also replied in public when you while suggesting that the conversation should be private.
I was suggesting that if you REALLY want to continue a pointless discussion where we obviously disagree, and try to gain points off me for no good reason I can discern, that we stop polluting this thread with it. Even though I have no interest in continuing the "poll conversation" I extended you the courtesy of continuing it in private.

Obviously, you declined this courtesy (which is fine by me) and continue in public. Fair enough. I hope you're enjoying yourself.

Sigh. OK. I don't want to debate statistics here
...and yet, you did. Repeatedly. Fascinating.

PEOPLE BULLSHIT.
I could not agree more. Nor could I have needed that pointing out less.

...and yet, you did. Repeatedly. Fascinating.
You got me there.
I could not agree more. Nor could I have needed that pointing out less.
Then why did you repeatedly argue for the validity and accuracy of an internet forum poll that is obviously all bullshit?
The reason I keep pointlessly hammering on this is that anyone who looks at that poll and assumes that it's "roughly accurate" is going to assume that OpenPandora is in serious trouble. The poll shows a huge number of cancellations coming up any day now, and going on about how it's a reasonable judge of the OP community is both A) Ridiculous, and B) Not helping.

Then why did you repeatedly argue for the validity and accuracy of an internet forum poll that is obviously all bullshit?
Because I was vainly hoping to find a way of expressing myself such that you would "get" my point. An exercise which I have given up as it seems to me you are intent on spewing bullshit all over my shoes.

Not helping.
No, you're not helping. I see berrating me in PM isn't enough, you have to do it there AND in public? What are you, ten? You have not clue where I'm coming from, no clue what I believe, and every appearance of wanting to do the tired old Internet technique of telling someone off in public to make yourself look bigger. Good for you. I hope you feel better, and I'm sorry I couldn't get you to stop saying that OpenPandora have been stupid.

That's a bit late. If the case works out fine, we're definately talking about August :"]
Do all the cases show up in a giant box, or do you get them in small batches? If the latter, will the Pandoras go out in small batches? Or will you wait until all 4000 of them are finished?
[/quote]They have said several times before that they would be shipping them as they get them. I would guess that the cases will come in multiple shipments, simply because 4000 pandora cases seems like an awful lot. Unless they get 4000 upper lid piece, 4000 lower lid piece, etc. Regardless, they have said that they will be shipping them as they are ready, in the order that the pre-orders were placed.

I'm pretty sure they said that the cases, maybe the boards and Pandoras as well, will be shipped in batches of 100 or 400.
So the shipping will be incremental, in 10 - 40 batches.

Unless I'm being forgetful again.

I'm pretty sure they said that the cases, maybe the boards and Pandoras as well, will be shipped in batches of 100 or 400.

The sub batches of 400 had todo with the boards IIRC. Testing and such.

I think it largely depends on the structure of how the devices are being constructed. I remember they were all to be built in Texas and then shipped to Craig and ED so they can test and ship out.

So I think it largely depends on what kind of team Craig and ED have to test and ship these guys out. I remember ED saying he had a large order of Wiz's he had to ship out and that took him awhile (Don't remember the days exactly)

But I think it might take the duo, depending on team size, about two weeks to ship out all the orders.

We also have to realize that the number of people who ordered is under 4000, maybe even under 3000.

The sub batches of 400 had todo with the boards IIRC. Testing and such.
I don't think that they have ever said one way or another on how the cases will be manufactured, in terms of quantities. The smaller initial quantities had to do with board manufacturing, they were going to start with 25 then ramp up from there if things tested well. However, I would assume that they will need to do some initial testing of the MP case as that ramps up. I am sort of hoping that the boards will basically be sitting there waiting to be assembled by the time that the case gets done.

Regarding complexity, the boards will determin the overall production speed. The cases are of minor importance. It's just the prototyping that takes so much time.

Though new videos always seem to excite people and help them through the long wait (and there have been numerous video requests"]. I wonder what's in that video Craig started working on a few weeks back?[/quote]That is on my mind too. I guess they want to show progress and not just more examples of what we already knew it could do well.

Regarding complexity, the boards will determin the overall production speed. The cases are of minor importance. It's just the prototyping that takes so much time.
I think it will probably be the reverse as the MP board process has been ironed out - in july we will see the boards rolling out and being stacked up whilst the case mould will probably get finalised and test sometime later, followed by the cases being made

expect late Aug to mid September as being the date the FCC testing takes place, and the first completed units being shipped

All right! I started a topic which provoked ED to give out reliable info about the release date! Yes!

Maybe I'll hop on with batch 1 if there are any left. I could tell my parents Craig is an unaffiliated tester and show them the his videos.

Back