Batch2

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Batch2 ordering will be going official later this week, (We will be doing a video + newsletter + some press releases).

This is just a heads up for forum readers to get in first with your orders.

The batch2 parts confirmations are coming in now and it's looking good for the end of October. We will be trying to ship as many as possible before
Christmas. We're pretty confident with the build process now to speed things up.

If you want one you can email openpandoraorders@gmail.com or if you're in/around Germany go to Eds website.

We won't necessarily ask you to pay right away, we will send you an invoice in good time, but you get in the queue.

Thanks,

Craig

WarmFluffyUK said:
I'm just wondering, are there any differences between the 1st and 2nd batches, ironing out little niggles etc?
Batch 1 has a nice label under the battery cover saying batch 1. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK said:
I'm just wondering, are there any differences between the 1st and 2nd batches, ironing out little niggles etc?

The shoulder buttons won't be painted, but then again that will be on the next 3000 anyway. There isn't really anything to update right now, the board is solid.

So, if we've already made our batch 2 order, do we just sit around and wait for the newsletter?

craigix said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

The shoulder buttons won't be painted, but then again that will be on the next 3000 anyway. There isn't really anything to update right now, the board is solid.
Excellent, I thought as much as I haven't really seen anything negative about the first batch. I think this just goes to show the wait and quality control was all worth it in the end :)

(naw)mcx said:
I guess this means the bowing on the faceplate has gone, along with the funny LCD colours?

I can't remeber if they have been or not!

This. If this has been eliminated, I think I have no reason not to order.

I'm *pretty sure* that the so-called "Purple Tint of Death" was already eliminated a while ago, as I think it only affected the earliest bunch of units. :p

Prometheus said:
I'm *pretty sure* that the so-called "Purple Tint of Death" was already eliminated a while ago, as I think it only affected the earliest bunch of units. :p

+1 but it sucks to be in this "earliest bunch of units" :(

Yep, the purple tint problem should be gone on all the recent units already.

The LCD Cable does get one little tweak: The layout has changed a bit so that we don't need to cut the speaker cables to different lengths anymore...
This just speeds up building, but doesn't affect usage :)

sebt3 said:
Prometheus said:

+1 but it sucks to be in this "earliest bunch of units" :(

It also sucks for us to exchange broken units, that's something you can be sure of :)

That's what slowed things down a bit - certainly something we didn't want to happen, but well, it's good there is a fix there already :)
But it's better to slowly continue shipping tested units which will work than go in fullspeed mode, and get hundreds of repairs back ;)

Last edited:
it is true that outside of gruso, the earlier batch2 announcement was pretty quiet... at least on news outlets and blogs (from what I can tell)

While I don't have the disposable income available now ... any chance that I might be able to order one of these eventually without getting into a pre-order queue? Or are you expecting batch 2 to sell out as quickly as batch 1?

I preordered from the second batch. This means I get it before the people who didn't preorder?

traylorpark said:
While I don't have the disposable income available now ... any chance that I might be able to order one of these eventually without getting into a pre-order queue? Or are you expecting batch 2 to sell out as quickly as batch 1?

What I think Craig might be saying is that you can join the queue now and not pay till closer to Oct, giving you some time to save your pennies.

Nova said:
(naw)mcx said:
I guess this means the bowing on the faceplate has gone

This. If this has been eliminated, I think I have no reason not to order.

The most recent word on it was:

craigix said:
You're just going to end up with 'Screen bezel' from almost everyone as there is nothing we can do about it.

I would really love to hear "The factory has been instructed not to paint the insides of the cases."

Is it so? (Perhaps more importantly, were cases from the first production run painted on the inside? I can't recall reading any concrete statements to that effect, but the description of the problems makes it sound like that was part of the cause.)

Back