What's happening today

When can whe expect the next Shipment to your Shop ED? I have a Pandora Folder ready on my PC whit some Roms (im trying to zip the GBA Roms because the GPSp Emu dosnt like unzipped roms) a lot of homebrewgames (including the 300mb pnd of battle for Whesnot, and quake 2 and 3, and games for scumvm, and i would like i can copy they on mey sd card whitin 2 weeks....

but first you need to get 200 Pandorae..

I did after being pointed to one of his posts at the other place.

He is either so clueless about how business works to be bordering on the absurd, or he is a troll.

Vote now!

All of the above?

A clueless absurd troll?

I promise to stop bugging you on production numbers if you can be sure to post, in a new thread so we can find it, a little note for us all.

I want to know when you get home from dropping the last of the day 1 pre-orders off at the post office. That way we can all go home at the end of our evening and have a shot in your's and your team's honor.

I'm a day 2 pre-order, so it isn't greed - just wanting to help celebrate that milestone with you.

Cheers

Grench

Don't know what the fuss is about. Only because I have Mr. B. Stein down as tl;tr so always ffw his contributions and pick up the thread at the next post.

Trolling the troll. Oh I've never had so much fun. Hold on. Yes I have.

I'm still working on shipping the ones I have here, I'm a mere human, you know?

I do know, sorry if its sound as i think that is isnt that fast, its way better now whit the 500 per week, and i have a lot of patiens (i have patiens for 2 because now i waiting also for the 3DS in 2 Months

I have only write that im be prepare..

I think i wouldnt ask the next 2 weeks, meybe i get my unit next week, but i have wait 2 Yeahrs, so these few day more ore less dosnt interesst mee..

Sorry for mey negative post EvilDragon, today wasnt a good day because i was on the technikal investigation (German Tüv) whit my moms car, and it ditnt became a badge because there are the false tires, but they are 7 Yeahrs old so the car gets new tires in the true dimension, so the car can get a badge on the next investigation...

Last edited by a moderator:
COME ON ED!!! I JUST WANT MY PANDORA!!!!! *CRIES*

2 YEARS!!!!!! PLEASE HURRY... *WAILS*

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

*SOBS*

... nah, I'm just kidding man, take your time... what's a couple more days in the grand scheme of things? The comfort of knowing my particular pandora is probally alreay built just lying around waiting to ship is a great relief.

Eh??? I thought that you were a dragon!
tongue.gif

So now people are getting banned for asking legitimate questions about production?

That's great.

So now people are getting banned for asking legitimate questions about production?

That's great.

Nope people are getting banned for trolling and instigating and being jerks.

It's a private forum with rules, and trolling is not allowed. Same on most every forum.

It doesn't seem like many people here even know what the word trolling means.

I read every post he made. He was a troll.

I moderate on 3 forums. On every one of those we would have banned him.

Forums do not allow people to keep posting when their only purpose is to disrupt, name call, incite, bad mouth and otherwise cause trouble.

That's not what forums are for.

Forums do not allow people to keep posting when their only purpose is to disrupt, name call, incite, bad mouth and otherwise cause trouble.

I think he's just making the distinction that trolling is doing that stuff for the lolz, whereas this guy just seems to be uber-confrontational and, like you said, want to incite people. Neither one is appropriate, but I think that's the distinction he was making.

Edit: In other words, the behavior is the same but the motivation is different.

I think he's just making the distinction that trolling is doing that stuff for the lolz, whereas this guy just seems to be uber-confrontational and, like you said, want to incite people. Neither one is appropriate, but I think that's the distinction he was making.

Exactly, definitely not trolling.

It's not my forum but I would say that starting to ban people willynilly will not help the sense of community a lot.

I think clear rules and a warning system might be a good idea. I can see how these posts were a source of irritation to Craig but I'm not sure if irritating Craig should be the sole reason for banning people, as it might get quiet real quick around here and the forum will merely consist of a bunch of sycophants.

And no I'm not saying that anyone who ever agreed with Craig or Ed or any OPT member is a sycophant, I'm describing a future situation not the current one. :rolleyes:

Maybe create a hidden mod forum and don't ban anyone until it's discussed there and the other mods have been able to shed their light on the situation. It might stop the more emotional reactions. Not having a go at Craig, I can appreciate the fact that he's definitely human as are the rest of us. I'm a mod on another forum and that works really well for us. Warnings etc are discussed there too and it just makes sure that the forum members have a sense of fairness when warnings/bans are dealt out.

There's no one on this forum I'd mind having a beer with even though I might not agree with them always. But then again, I really like my beer. :p

I don't know what post Craig is referring to at "the other place". Maybe he made remarks about Craig's mother, and described an obscene hand gesture. But what I see here doesn't really constitute "wanting to incite people".

He ordered a Pandora months (or years) ago, and still hasn't received it, so he's asking a lot of questions. Maybe he sometimes lacks tact, and that may inadvertently incite people, but Craig is the last person who should be calling someone out on that. And many of the responses aren't much better.

hailrazer: Yes, this is OPT's forum, and they're free to moderate it however they see fit. And what am I going to do about it anyway? Beside just post my opinion about it. But if you step outside this forum for a moment, you may notice that OPT's public image isn't exactly squeaky clean. I doubt banning users for asking too many questions will help much.

I don't know what post Craig is referring to at "the other place". Maybe he made remarks about Craig's mother, and described an obscene hand gesture. But I what I see here doesn't really constitute "wanting to incite people".
I think OPT is perfectly within their rights to say "we've said all we're going to say on this issue, and any further questions can be handled directly or ignored at our discretion."

I don't necessarily agree that people should be banned in this case, but, well, we do have another board which is not going anywhere, and on which Craig does not have moderatorial powers, so I can't say that it bothers me tremendously (to be honest, I expected this to happen from the beginning).

He ordered a Pandora months (or years) ago, and still hasn't received it, so he's asking a lot of questions. Maybe he sometimes lacks tact, and that may inadvertently incite people, but Craig is the last person who should be calling someone out on that. And many of the responses aren't much better.

Doesn't matter when he ordered it. If he did it at the start he should have known what he was getting into, and if he did it months ago he would have known the issues that have effected this project. Unless his pendant for uber exactness on forum posts is only used when harassing Craig.

hailrazer: Yes, this is OPT's forum, and they're free to moderate it however they see fit. And what am I going to do about it anyway? Beside just post my opinion about it. But if you step outside this forum for a moment, you may notice that OPT's public image isn't exactly squeaky clean. I doubt banning users for asking too many questions will help much.

Didn't know they were going for a popularity contest. They have a gadget that we want, but since they try to engage with the community some ppl think it is an excuse to act like the Spanish inquisition and we know what everybody thinks about them! Unless of course you are a mupptard yourself!

I think the problem was that since the team were opening up about most things that were happening internally with the company, some people took that opportunity to try to insert a wedge into that predisposition the the OP team already had and demand that they tell them every exact detail of every passing thought they had that even vaguely related to the project, especially when one of those passing thoughts or assumptions turned out untrue or innaccurate.

Back