Battery Life for 1Ghz units?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I dont think I have seen a clear answer to that question yet so let me ask again...

How much battery life do you get with the 1 Ghz ? Do you still get 10 hours+ or is it somehow shorter because of the faster processor?

I'd really like to know - thanks

It's roughly the same battery life, in some cases slightly better because of the 45nm stepping being less power hungry.

Ther ewas no problaem with battery life during Games Com. We had to recharge them once for about 30% during the day.

Thone units were used at full brightness and with 1100 MHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems better to me, but that may be because my old battery was getting long in the tooth.

Remember that clocked at 1.1Ghz does not mean its constantly running at that speed!

The 1.1Ghz Pandora really has renewed my love for the device. It's so much better!

My old one is in dire need of a thorough refurb now! Then I can use it as a demo device around the local geek circles.

My old CC Pandora's main battery was over a year old - and was worn down to the 6+/- hour capacity. My new 1Ghz Pandora was on Sunday for nearly 12 hours continuous with sporadic wifi use - and was down to 45% remaining. My old CC unit used to seem to do that too when it was new.

Having a fresh battery makes a big enough difference that I don't see how any of us can make a direct apples to apples comparison short of buying another new battery to throw in the old CC unit and spend 15 hours doing the same thing on two machines at once.

My old CC Pandora's main battery was over a year old - and was worn down to the 6+/- hour capacity. My new 1Ghz Pandora was on Sunday for nearly 12 hours continuous with sporadic wifi use - and was down to 45% remaining. My old CC unit used to seem to do that too when it was new.

Having a fresh battery makes a big enough difference that I don't see how any of us can make a direct apples to apples comparison short of buying another new battery to throw in the old CC unit and spend 15 hours doing the same thing on two machines at once.

Or throw your new battery in your old unit and see what happens! I would do, if my old one wasn't in such a poor state of repair.

Edit: It's not so much I can't use the old one, but rather that it's a bit of a sad sight in contrast to the shiny awesome new 1Ghz monster... it'd be like digging up the bones of your dead pet to compare heights or something!

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, my 1GHz Pandora clocked at 1150 is producing battery run-time in the region of "flippin' ages".

Back